ABS light

only if there is a problem and yes it will come on when car is started to do a systems check. but if it comes on after then there is a problem.
i have replaced rear wheel speed sensors on mine for the light flickering on while driving

[quote author=ben link=topic=10893.msg130209#msg130209 date=1227127205]
how wrong brian?????
[/quote]

They can't (or shouldn't) test a 4wd on their rolling road as its only a 2 wheel rolling road, can completely fcuk up the diff. Thats why they have this specific box they place in the passenger football to measure brake power

As Brian said they can't and those that know what they are doing will not put a 4wd car onto their rollers!! The small computer is used to calculate the forces applied when braking that is why they drive the car up the road. :thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=10893.msg130220#msg130220 date=1227127955]
footwell...
:thumbsup:
[/quote]

good spot mark, was watching the match while posting :lol:

[quote author=ben link=topic=10893.msg130320#msg130320 date=1227169701]
brake test on nct is done while the car is in neutral..

[/quote]

And :dontknow:

i was watchin your man while he tested mine and he brought outside for a rip so presumin it was for the brakes

They shouldnt bring the car outside the test centre for a drive, they never have for any car i have ever got nct'd

[quote author=sti 9029 link=topic=10893.msg130329#msg130329 date=1227174309]
i was watchin your man while he tested mine and he brought outside for a rip so presumin it was for the brakes
[/quote]

Thats to test the brakes and stuff yes, as they can't put a 4 wheel drive on the rollers.

The wheels have to be spinning for there to be a proper brake test! If they put it on the rollers it will only spin the front wheels which will f3ck the diff. Thats why they drive it. It happens on all 4wd cars unless the tester is happy enough to let it slide.

no constant 4 wheel drive should be tested on the rollers in an NCT test centre....... when you arrive it's up to you to inform them otherwise they will put in on the rollers if they do not know it's a 4 wheel drive......

in fairness,most people(especially women)wouldnt know fook all bout their cars only that they start and put fuel in and stop.....
for someone to go into NCT who are all qualified mechanics and tell them the ins and outs of their car is silly!!!
the onus should be on NCT to check the cars suitibility for the rollers....
one thing is for sure....no fookin foreigner will be test driving my car unless i'm in it also!!!!!
:angry1: :angry1:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=10893.msg130721#msg130721 date=1227295885]
in fairness,most people(especially women)wouldnt know fook all bout their cars only that they start and put fuel in and stop.....
for someone to go into NCT who are all qualified mechanics and tell them the ins and outs of their car is silly!!!
the onus should be on NCT to check the cars suitibility for the rollers....
one thing is for sure....no fookin foreigner will be test driving my car unless i'm in it also!!!!!
:angry1: :angry1:
[/quote]

The foreign lad in the center in Drogheda loves Subaru's and passes most of them unless something seriously wrong. He doesn't bother driving them either. Lets it slide :thumbsup:

the guy that tested the car wasnt a foreigner.......

a friend knows someone that works in test centre so going up there tomorrow

from what your saying there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your abs. when you turn on the red lights the car tests the abs system, this is what is happening when the light shows for 1-2 secs. if the system checks ok the light goes out. if it has a problem it will stay lit even when driving. the box they use in the footwell is a decelerometer(g meter). it can only test the system as a whole. it won't show up any problems such as brake imbalances. :subaru:

Back