ABS light / wiring diagram (urgent)

JayDublin

Committe Members
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Hi Lads

Would anybody have the wiring diagram for BE5 Legacy? The car failed NCT on ABS light. I have the car in Castle Subaru Bray now but they were onto me there saying that the light just isn't coming on and they don't have wiring diagram for it. Car is due back in NCT before Saturday otherwise it's a full retest so any help would be great

thanks

Start with the obvious check to see the bulb hasn?t being removed from the dash as was done to a car I recently had in for a service. As if there?s a was a fault First things lads do is pull the bulb and check the fuse and wiring plug going into the abs unit

Thanks Fozzy. This suitable for Jap Legacy? Not sure if it was originally an auto. I bought it from an old member here and he never mentioned it. He was the 2nd owner since it was imported so certainly a possibility

Wiring should be the same - I have the same manual for my Forester which is a JDM and it was indentical. Reason that I asked about the transmission is that the ABS in an auto is controlled by the transmission control unit. A lot of swaps take a shortcut and instead of fitting the manual ABS system, they either leave the transmission control unit plugged in and find a new place to house it or, leave it out and just unplug the bulb.

As joe said, check the bulb is in first and go from there - if you can take photos of any plugs hanging down or tucked up under the dash it should be easy to see - if it?s not something more simple of course!

have you the VIN - can check it easily that way

Wiring should be the same - I have the same manual for my Forester which is a JDM and it was indentical. Reason that I asked about the transmission is that the ABS in an auto is controlled by the transmission control unit. A lot of swaps take a shortcut and instead of fitting the manual ABS system, they either leave the transmission control unit plugged in and find a new place to house it or, leave it out and just unplug the bulb.

As joe said, check the bulb is in first and go from there - if you can take photos of any plugs hanging down or tucked up under the dash it should be easy to see - if it?s not something more simple of course!

have you the VIN - can check it easily that way

Cheers Fozzy. the car is in with Subaru dealer in Bray so I assume they've checked this. I'll give them a bell now and fire the wiring diagram over to them to look at. Let's hope its something simple anyways

Jay

Hopefully u get it sorted and it's something simple but if it's the abs pump this will be helpful...ECU Testing in uk did a great job for me a while back

after the missis driving in bad snow the abs light came on and stayed on also noticed after test drive the abs wasnt working (genius I know[emoji3]) and traction and stability wasnt working either...

I sent it off to them think 160 gbp with life time warranty got refitted and no issues since apparently common issue with suzuki and other manufacturers that use the Bosch abs pump..

Anyway hope gets sorted easily but if not this be good call if can be narrowed down to abs pump[emoji106]
2ef56846230bb9ea2c2121bfe6a86aa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jay

Hopefully u get it sorted and it's something simple but if it's the abs pump this will be helpful...ECU Testing in uk did a great job for me a while back

after the missis driving in bad snow the abs light came on and stayed on also noticed after test drive the abs wasnt working (genius I know[emoji3]) and traction and stability wasnt working either...

I sent it off to them think 160 gbp with life time warranty got refitted and no issues since apparently common issue with suzuki and other manufacturers that use the Bosch abs pump..

Anyway hope gets sorted easily but if not this be good call if can be narrowed down to abs pump[emoji106]
2ef56846230bb9ea2c2121bfe6a86aa1.jpg

Thanks Ciaran. Got the car back this afternoon and ABS light sorted. Went to drive it home after work and noticed odometer was scrambled and headlight on bulb wasnt displaying. 20 minutes driving later and a strong smell of burning. Then smoke from behind the instrument cluster. Whatever they've done they've made an absolute mess of. Going to have to ring them in the morning. You'd think a genuine Subaru garage would get the job done right. Let's hope it hasn't melted the back of the cluster. Going by the smell in the car I'd say it's in some state

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Fook ok man that's annoying but try keep a cool head (easy for me to say I know)

Good luck them let us know [emoji106]

Fook ok man that's annoying but try keep a cool head (easy for me to say I know)

Good luck them let us know [emoji106]

Cheers mate will do!

Well that's not good I hoped you called them and let them know :icon_sad::facepalm:
They were closed when it happened but I'll be onto them 1st thing to get it sorted. Let's hope they dont deny liability!

Feckin dopes, only Subaru garage that will be allowed with my car is Finnegans in Longford.

Update on this lads. The clocks came out and the melting has fried the cold cathode lamp kit. According to subaru these are a uniquely jap import part so they will have to source from Japan. Lead time 5 weeks[emoji44][emoji44] would anybody know where I can source quicker? Part number is 85069ae000 or 85090ae010. Cheers!
1f30d27a1b97485a2fef9b1709200d0f.jpg

If you email yosi@j-garage.com he is in Japan , he can source direct from Subaru Japan and is usually cheaper and shipping takes 7-10days once the part leaves Japan .

Check with breakers jay and a new one even if you could get quick would be a crazy price.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Check with breakers jay and a new one even if you could get quick would be a crazy price.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Thanks Gordon, I'm not covering the cost here as the Subaru garage caused the damage. They are just struggling to source the actual part. As long as it works I'm happy so I'll see what's being broken online[emoji106]

Back