A good over taking aid ???

F

forester sti

I don't know how legal this idea is, just a bit of sillyness!!!
I was play with my 2yr old Ciara and her toys, One of which is a little bunny with transperant ears with blue flashing led lights in them!
Like the ones on the front of squad cars! and behind the grill of unmarked cars (foresters)! do you see where this is going?
Would it be very illegal to put these led's behind my grill, just as a laugh really but also could be turned on to encourage sunday drivers out of the way???
Dan

i was only saying this to the lads the other night i was driving home from work and some nob in a jeep had blue led's in his grill he was right up my hole for i nearly pulled over! be class at night but if your caught your b0llox'd to say the least

That would be a good laugh alright and im sure you would have plenty of fun doin it,but think its a real serious crime if you get caught.

@ dagnut
I wouldn'y have them on all the time! Just have them flashing when a suitable situation arises!
Hopefully our freindly neighbourhood garda could shed some light about the legality side of things!
It's just for the craic!
Dan

we used to do that ages ago, it was a blue footwell neon in me mates car, we used to hid in estates, then when someone would drive by the entrance we would fly out after them with the blue light flashing, every time they always pulled over and look mad freaked out! hilarious, we even pulled over my mate who was driving in front of us, he knew about it and the eijit still pulled over! :lol: good times.

is this a topic for me? i believe the word is Fu**ed if ya were caught!!!
€5000 fine and up to 3 mths in prison!!! ive thought of doin myself when i was
gonna buy a mondeo :oops:

just thought id let ya know

Sti Garda :thumbsup:

it think sti garda will be getting alot of qestions in the near future about what we can and cant do...our own dr. phil.. :lol: :thumbsup:

i have a strobe light with flashing blue and red LED's in the wagon! I have it wired into the interior light above the rear view mirror i took the bulb out off the inteior light so i just press the botton for the light a hey presto instant squad car!!!! got one of the lads in work early one morning he near shat himself!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that's pretty conclusive!!
Thanx sti garda for clearing that up for me! :thumbsup:
Good stuff scoobystu, that sounds the right job! Just what I would have done! :clap:
I think My reg is dodgy enough so I wont want any extra negative attention!
Dan

Back