A Can it be done question

OK so some of you know I bought a 2.0ltr Hawkeye.
It's an automatic, can the auto be changed out for a manual Gearbox.
What does one need to know before I attempt it..

I will also ask here if anyone knows what these codes on my rear differential mean.

Thank you one and all.
Mark

Attachments

• 20240505_134254.jpg
    20240505_134254.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240505_133052.jpg
    20240505_133052.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
It can be done, olly mccarron would probably be your best bet there.
You'd need a lot more than just box tho, ecu, ignition barrel, clutch, speedo, pedals etc etc
Wouldn't be too sure on the process, but a lot more complex job than just swapping in a gearbox.

I have a 2.0 RX breaker car, I am going to be selling my current 2.0 RX within the next few months once I have my WRX on the road.

So I would be willing to part with the engine, gearbox and drivetrain, if you would be interested in any of it. I have never started the engine in it, and not sure if the gearbox is solid etc.
But in saying that, like Eoin said, youre going to need the full drivetrain, ecu, clutch pedal etc etc so it could end up costing you a fair bit. And if you need to pay someone to do the work, it could end up costing a lot.

I have a 2.0 RX breaker car, I am going to be selling my current 2.0 RX within the next few months once I have my WRX on the road.

So I would be willing to part with the engine, gearbox and drivetrain, if you would be interested in any of it. I have never started the engine in it, and not sure if the gearbox is solid etc.
But in saying that, like Eoin said, youre going to need the full drivetrain, ecu, clutch pedal etc etc so it could end up costing you a fair bit. And if you need to pay someone to do the work, it could end up costing a lot.
Let me know. When your about ready to sell it on.
In the meantime, if you could Send on some pictures.
086 0213 007 WhatsApp Thanks šŸ˜Š

Back