a/c help

03b4

Sunday Drivers
Lads,
Need some help my a/c seems to be on the blink. Its works on the console in car but is always warm/hot depending on the day but even dropped to the lowest it doesn't get any colder. All fuses are ok have checked the lot. the disc beside the timing belt is not running at all stay still no matter what i change the temp to in car.
Any help please?????????
Thanks lads

If its just that the a/c isnt pumping cold air but everything else is working fine, it might just be that you've run out of gas for the a/c system and will need it refilled... Thats assuming from you're post that its not hot air all the time?

when the aircon is turned on do you notice a change in the engine noise ie, does the revs increase slightly. if not it would more likely be the aircon compressor. also if you can check with a thermometer by putting the probe down the vent with the temperature on the lowest setting, it should read about 16 degrees celcius if not it needs to be regassed........

Could be a blocked pollen filter!! My a/c was brutal on a mk4 golf gti i had. Eventually checked da pollen filter and it was manky. Changed it and chilled air was back

Lads
Hve gotten a manual for the 2002 bugeye as it had the same compressor and found it is not it so must be a sensor some where and think the one beside the rad is a pressure sensor and dont think it kicking in as it wont engage the comprssor clutch. Gas is all good and not sure where the pollen filter is yet but will have a look at that.
Thanks for the replys lads.

Back