99 Legacy fuel pump

Duffy10

How are things lads? Hope ye are keeping well.

Quick question, my standard fuel pump packed in and I got another fuji racing pump I got from another legacy I have, thing is, its visibly longer than the standard pump and when you put in into the tank the whole unit wont sit flush with the tank.

Is there any way around this problem with the aftermarket pumps or would I be better to get a standard pump again?

Thanks

Usually you?d just shorten the top rubber pipe and put the pump into the holder . The overall unit is not any bigger so have you it turned the wrong or it?s not sitting right in the tank

Usually you?d just shorten the top rubber pipe and put the pump into the holder . The overall unit is not any bigger so have you it turned the wrong or it?s not sitting right in the tank

Thanks for reply @scoobysub! I know what you're describing but this unit may be different from other models, in my case there's no rubber pipe (i thought there would of been) the pump pushes up into a plastic housing with this. I've been looking this afternoon and its seems the impreza and legacy units were different, its looks like I'll need the unit from an impreza that has the rubber hose

Back