99 B4 twinturbo

Markytheb

Mark o connor
Anyone know the best mapper to tune my 99 B4 rsk.. I'm finding it hard to get a propper awnser as no one wants to map it for me..

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_210806.jpg
    IMG_20210801_210806.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Having mapped a twin turbo legacy rev d it’s more about stopping detonation than more bhp as when mine was mapped it’s knocking its head off at 2500 revs .

I’d say 280-290 standard

Having mapped a twin turbo legacy rev d it’s more about stopping detonation than more bhp as when mine was mapped it’s knocking its head off at 2500 revs .

I’d say 280-290 standard
Fair Enough, I would be happy to get a bit extra, It is not that I drive the stones out of the car, I dont. It is just nice to have the extra if and when needed. When I had my mk5 GTI golf, I was able to get an extra 50Bhp and 80nm in Torque on the map stage one, It only have an Induction, One CAT removed and straight thru Exhaust. Would be nice to get similar on the Legacy, It is a low mileage engine and service on a regular basis, having said that, it is getting an oil change this weekend.

Fair Enough, I would be happy to get a bit extra, It is not that I drive the stones out of the car, I dont. It is just nice to have the extra if and when needed. When I had my mk5 GTI golf, I was able to get an extra 50Bhp and 80nm in Torque on the map stage one, It only have an Induction, One CAT removed and straight thru Exhaust.
I was up with Aonghas getting my legacy mapped and 280 on standard 95 fuel is what mine achieved.
Mine is a few years newer then yours but I think the same goes... these engines are high compression are struggle to increase power beyond factory power due to them running into detonation. You can look into mapping it with a half or full bottle of NF to increase power but then you will be tied into having to add it to every tank in order for the car to run safely.

Aonghas recommended to chase more power was to do full header back exhaust and upgraded intercooler.

I was up with Aonghas getting my legacy mapped and 280 on standard 95 fuel is what mine achieved.
Mine is a few years newer then yours but I think the same goes... these engines are high compression are struggle to increase power beyond factory power due to them running into detonation. You can look into mapping it with a half or full bottle of NF to increase power but then you will be tied into having to add it to every tank in order for the car to run safely.

Aonghas recommended to chase more power was to do full header back exhaust and upgraded intercooler.
With the Legacy Blitzen that I currently have, it is 280Bhp standard. https://legacypic.uk/car/specs.php?id=191

Not with our 95 octane fuel it’s not , the ecu would be pulling timing which might only have it at 250 or so . With a map tweak it will bring the power up to standard and be safe

The engines are not built for mad power so If you’re looking for 300 or above , maybe buy an Sti Impreza

Thanks BazGF8, I was just sniffing around the idea. I think given the low mileage, which is fine but the age. Ill just leave well enough alone and drive it as is.

Back