98 ron fuel

2009dazza

ISDC Club Member
So basically I have a blobeye prodrive sti and it says to run 98 ron fuel on the cert provided with the car I’m assuming the Irish petrol is 95 and the premium stuff is the 98 can someone clarify this for me please
Also would octane boost bring up the level of the standard stuff as there is mo premium fuel in my town.
Thanks for any help given

95 here is at best 92-93ron . There is no 98 unless your up north . Topaz have ‘miles plus but it’s 95 too . 1/4 bottle of nf booster to a tank will help .
The fuel seems to be getting worse .

Irish fuel is supposed to be 95 ron but dosent even reach 95 most of the time when tested.

Fact your car is a Uk car means should be fine as can still run on 95 as denso ecu very good at adjusting pulling timing and protecting the car just won't be as sharp.

If your worried about it and you have 2 main options if driving car real hard eg track day ect or very enthusiastic driving you could add booster Nf race octane booster 100 ml per tank (black bottle) or get it mapped for Irish fuel.

Either way wouldn't worry to much as in normal driving car be fine but above worth considering depending on how car is used.

Ya main reason is I got a engine management light for lambs sensor 1 bank 1 but when I put in the premium fuel once passing a petrol station in a neighboring town she ran better and the light went off.
When I put in standard fuel in my own town light came on again

Lambda would have nothing to do with octane in the fuel , it only reads air/fuel ratio. when you say premium what part of the country are you in ?

Could be a non genuine 02 sensor throwing the code the odd time
If it's passing the nct don't worry about it

Skibbereen down the bottom of cork
I’ll change the sensor anyway as it was never changed before there full history with the car and she has only 47700 miles on it
Thanks for the input I appreciate it

Skibbereen down the bottom of cork
I’ll change the sensor anyway as it was never changed before there full history with the car and she has only 47700 miles on it
Thanks for the input I appreciate it
Ah cool Only 95 available in the south .
Yeah change the sensor and see how you get on 👍🏻

As the lads have said, we've only 95RON in the Republic. Stay away from Applegreen & Tesco (CERTA) stations. Worst petrol I've ever put in my car. I'm seeing a lot more activity on my knock link lately. The petrol is just getting worse and worse. Usually Texaco and Circle K are best, and busy Maxol's, but they're all showing knock now.

I've never seen any difference between the normal Circle K and the Miles Plus petrol, so wouldn't spend the extra on it unless they have a promo on where a voucher gives you the Miles Plus for the same price as the regular stuff.

Back