97 WRX Catalunya rebuild - Help.

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=40423.msg461704#msg461704 date=1390173341]
[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=40423.msg461701#msg461701 date=1390173005]
Joe,s a Pimp Baz :thumbsup:
[/quote]

A wheel pimp :icon_grin:
[/quote]

:multijump: Brilliant :thumbsup:

Yeah spliting the block is tricky , but when you have a drawer with a selection of Hammers like Clarkson you'll be fine.

So to recap you need,

14mm multi point socket
Selection of hammers

Job done :smokesubaru

He hasn't been at it since last night. I was making sure it wasn't going to be like Honda and having unique sockets that you can't buy anywhere.

Why are all buckets removed?

Obviously can refit and shim. But if were quiet before then can mark and refit and double check clearences.

Calm down lads I imagine it's fairly expensive flying a tool chest from Poland so he's still building up his tools over here as he needs them. He asked me if I'd a multi point 14mm but I don't. When I had a look I told him to go buy one.

@Dave - Dunno why he removed buckets, you'd have to ask him. He's waiting on admin to approve his account.

Barry we've only a lump hammer but we've two crowbars. We'll be gentle. :545:

Only a bit of banter... good banter too !

John I can lend ye all the tools you need as long as I get them back in same condition they left .... will save a lot of cash

So don't use the hammer?

I expected him to leave the buckets aswell but maybe he has reason for removing them.

Definitely a little more complex than flipping burgers!

We're out of our comfort zone that's for sure but we'll get there. He said it's the first boxer engine he's worked on internally so it's a learning curve for him.

I hope ye lads can speak Polish, because I'm not translating. :icon_nana:

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=40423.msg461714#msg461714 date=1390174363]

Obviously can refit and shim. But if were quiet before then can mark and refit and double check clearences.
[/quote]

Maybe he needed them for water :dontknow:

Re: Re: 97 WRX Catalunya rebuild - Help.

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=40423.msg1#msg1 date=1390210067]
[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=40423.msg461714#msg461714 date=1390174363]

[/quote]

Maybe he needed them for water :dontknow:
[/quote]

Shot glasses....

Everything seems to be Joe's fault.

I'm no expert on engines, so I'll get good pics from the camera in a minute. But it seems like crank walk and rod bearings failure. Baz did say the noise could have been piston slap, as the knock was non existent when engine warmed up.

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=40423.msg461801#msg461801 date=1390243159]

I'm no expert on engines, so I'll get good pics from the camera in a minute. But it seems like crank walk and rod bearings failure. Baz did say the noise could have been piston slap, as the knock was non existent when engine warmed up.
[/quote]

Crank walk ? Thats an Evo engine technical term

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=40423.msg461805#msg461805 date=1390243725]
[quote author=Bonito link=topic=40423.msg461801#msg461801 date=1390243159]

[/quote]

Crank walk ? Thats an Evo engine technical term
[/quote]

That's why it's weird. Never heard it happening any other engine. The crank moved against the back of the block. Uploading the pics now.

Back