95 Sti Wagon(Cheap)

black scooby,from old posts and i dont know if deco changed any of these as it was a cheap car,

the coil packs were acting up/air flow senser and the wrong plugs were fitted at the last service

so it could have something to do with that

with the type r box it should do 60 in about 5 to early 5 seconds if not quicker, i heard the type r should be around 4.7 sec but the wagon is a little havier

the only thing that could be a problem for it would be the plugs, i put my own air flow meter in it which is in good working order, deco fitted 4 new coil packs last week in the car, the plugs that are in it now are bkr8e are they the wrong plugs for it?? :thumbsup:

ya they should be ngk pfr7b or similar, i think the 8s are a race plug but that doesnt mean its the problem, maybe you could ask yogi who owned the car before deco or dave in sti tuning as i believe it was his car to begin with and he had or did all the work

Can only be the plugs lads, stick in a set of pfr7b's in it and you should be sorted, the idle control needs a bit of adjusting BUT it is one hell of a wagon. The engine spec'd as it is is capable of alot :subaru: :subaru:

thanks for yer comments lads, i think i will change the plugs , its one hell of a car regardless of da little things wrong, :subaru: :subaru:

its a weird one alright..even when i got it dynoed a few weeks ago and it was acting up a bit then it made close to 290bhp :dontknow:

[quote author=gretts-WRseX link=topic=14340.msg226569#msg226569 date=1254750353]
this is been broken :shock2:
[/quote]

:cuckoo:
Absolutely shocking behaviour...that must a kick in the goolies Yogi :angry1: Can't believe its been broken!

[quote author=Rob link=topic=14340.msg226598#msg226598 date=1254759354]
[quote author=gretts-WRseX link=topic=14340.msg226569#msg226569 date=1254750353]
this is been broken :shock2:
[/quote]

:cuckoo:
Absolutely shocking behaviour...that must a kick in the goolies Yogi :angry1: Can't believe its been broken!
[/quote]

In fairness the person that bought it can do whatever they like with it...

Dave (Blackscooby) bought it didn't he? And transferred all the running gear into his own saloon? I'd prob do the same if I had the money. Not into wagons...

Steve.

I'm not giving out about what he has done. He is the new owner and can do what he likes with it. He could have turned it into a chicken coop if he wanted.

It was sold so cheap and had so many nice parts that it made financial sense to break it.

It's just a bit gut wrenching to see it being broken after all the effort and money that I pumped into it. I am just playing my sad little violin but totally understand why he did it.

@ Hiwd: Your gas... You say wagons are not your thing. You had pretty much committed to buying this car twice off me when I had it for sale...!!! I think deep down you like them but are embarrased to admit it infront of your saloon friends. Wagons are definately the way to go...

Wagons are the way forward........
Easy to insure... just as quick and look that little bit different........ :icon_nana:

Embarrassed? Think how many chicks I can squeeze into a wagon while cruising about... Nah in all fairness, I just prefer the saloon but just loved the work put into this. I would have proudly drove it if I could get the funds at the time.

lads this car was not wat it appeared to be, its took me ages to sort out the engine in it and its still not right!! there was alot more than just a maf sensor gone in it!! and even 3grand for it was enough, i know its cost me alot tryin to get it right, i wish i never bought it, dont want to turn this into a big thing, anyone that seen the first hand knows what condition it was in...

What issues did you find with the engine?
It was a bit spluttery on high boost when I sold it to Deco, but I could not put my finger on what was causing it. I had it mapped 3 times in total, replaced coil packs, put in an AVCR to control the boost more, changed to FMIC, replaced throttle body etc.
Just interested to find out what it was.

Ah lads I didn't mean anything by it...I know its owners choice but Its not what I would've done is all! For that price I would have put her right and got her back to 100%. I more meant that Yogi must be a little disappointed after all the blood sweat and tears he put into it. In fairness, nobody would like to find out that a previous pride and joy of theirs was being broken. I know I'd be pissed if I found out my old Legacy was being sold for parts.

Back