95 Sti Wagon(Cheap)

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=14340.msg226868#msg226868 date=1254826893]
@Yogi
Blackscooby found that the timing was out by 2 cogs on one cam.
[/quote]

Really?
I'm surprised by that...
Don't want to start a finger pointing war on here, so we'll leave it at that.
Cheers for letting me know though. Food for thought.

@Blackscooby:

I found a spare set of keys at home for this wagon if you need them for a barrel set or something?

There is a perfect clifford fob with them also but the battery is gone in it.

Let me know if you want them.

when i got my car mapped about a month ago, she hit 286bhp at 5100rpm and the power just dropped immediatly after, we couldn't understand why because i had 3 lads that went through everything on the engine more than once, thanks yogi, i might take the fob and spare keys, were are ya based?

That car was trouble from day one. Andy Forrest mapped it the first time when it had a standard sti engine in it when Dave leggy owned it. It went quite well at lowish boost. Dave sold it to Yogi for massive money at the time and done a fully forged engine along with other mods. Pat Herborn had a go at mapping it in Swords for hours and hours. Pat said there was defo something wrong. When Andy mapped it it had say 28 degrees of timing on standard engine and went well and then with the forged engine and mods it made less then 50% of the timing. It was twice the car with standard engine and a lot quicker. It had wrx heads orginaly IIRC but that got changed for sti ones i think. Yogi and Dave leggy thought the mapper did a bad job or was talking crap IIRC when there was a flat spot the second time it got mapped in newbridge. Pat Herborn still thought it was crap and something wrong.

The last I heard of it was when Dave leggy told me that Bob Rawle mapped it and it was brilliant and flying etc. I was told the car had no issues after the front mount went on and Bob mapped it to perfection. It was felt that it was the mappers fault at the time. I guess not.

[quote author=BlackScooby link=topic=14340.msg226880#msg226880 date=1254828700]
thanks yogi, i might take the fob and spare keys, were are ya based?
[/quote]

I'm based in Cork, I could post if you will not be down this way.
PM me your address if you want to do it that way.

[size=12pt]Lads,
Without any prejudice to what has been said already....if this thread turns into a "he said, she said" or a slagging match it will be locked and/or moved. Similarly, if this thread is reported to moderators it will be moved.

There's been too much said on this forum this year for any more aggro on here. We are moderating on a "if in doubt, throw it out" basis.

Thanks,
John[/size]

To be honest John, I'd say just delete this thread as the cars is sold, and now broken. Will not be needed for future reference.

Will save a lot of hassle as you know well that it'll turn sour.

[quote author=Renno link=topic=14340.msg226890#msg226890 date=1254831338]
That car was trouble from day one. Andy Forrest mapped it the first time when it had a standard sti engine in it and Dave leggy owned it. It went quite well at lowish boost. Dave sold it to Yogi for massive money at the time and done a fully forged engine along with other mods. Pat Herborn had a go at mapping it in Swords. Pat said there was defo something wrong. When Andy mapped it it had say 28 degrees of timing on standard engine and then with the forged engine and mods it made less then 50% of the timing. It was twice the car with standard engine. It had wrx heads that got changed for sti ones i think. Yogi and Dave leggy thought the mapper did a bad job or was talking crap IIRC when there was a flat spot the second time it got mapped in newbridge. Pat Herborn still thought it was crap.

The last I heard of it was when Dave leggy told me that Bob Rawle mapped it and it was brilliant and flying etc. I was told the car had no issues after the front mount went on and Bob mapped it. It was felt that it was the mappers fault at the time. I guess not.
[/quote]

ok thats a interesting read, well i am gona find out shortly whats in that engine because am taking it out and opening it, i got it mapped by martin tracey in westward and he done as good as he could with it, he reckoned it was in the timing, which we found was out, but even with the timing right now its still not anywhere near right,

It was opened up by Ali Burrows Motorsport after its second map with me to check what was up with it, and I got a clear report back. All was perfect, so I'd imagine it should not show anything.

PM me the outcome when you find out please.

Thanks

[quote author=BlackScooby link=topic=14340.msg226912#msg226912 date=1254833655]
[quote author=Renno link=topic=14340.msg226890#msg226890 date=1254831338]
That car was trouble from day one. Andy Forrest mapped it the first time when it had a standard sti engine in it and Dave leggy owned it. It went quite well at lowish boost. Dave sold it to Yogi for massive money at the time and done a fully forged engine along with other mods. Pat Herborn had a go at mapping it in Swords. Pat said there was defo something wrong. When Andy mapped it it had say 28 degrees of timing on standard engine and then with the forged engine and mods it made less then 50% of the timing. It was twice the car with standard engine. It had wrx heads that got changed for sti ones i think. Yogi and Dave leggy thought the mapper did a bad job or was talking crap IIRC when there was a flat spot the second time it got mapped in newbridge. Pat Herborn still thought it was crap.

The last I heard of it was when Dave leggy told me that Bob Rawle mapped it and it was brilliant and flying etc. I was told the car had no issues after the front mount went on and Bob mapped it. It was felt that it was the mappers fault at the time. I guess not.
[/quote]

ok thats a interesting read, well i am gona find out shortly whats in that engine because am taking it out and opening it, i got it mapped by martin tracey in westward and he done as good as he could with it, he reckoned it was in the timing, which we found was out, but even with the timing right now its still not anywhere near right,
[/quote]

Just to be clear im not pointing the finger at Yogi Deco or Dave. Just saying what I knew of this car. Each person that has owned the car seems to have a different story and opinion on what is wrong. Would be nice if Blackscooby got to the bottom of what was wrong with his car or engine. Which he wont be able to if this thread gets binned. So maybe only delete or edit posts that break into slagging. otherwise this thread could be helpfull in finding out what is really wrong with this car. So far 3 mappers that I know of have mapped it and it was still dreadfull.

Damo.

@BlackScooby: Got your PM. Can you send on your full name also please?
Will try get them sent off before the end of the week.

Graham

Back