91-92 corolla gti

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
so i have a mate who is looking to re-enter his youth and buy a corolla gti for himself . anyone know of any or could you point me in the right direction .

066.jpg

so the corolla idea is gone out the window through advice of getting a car so old , so here's where yous come in .

what would you reccommend he get with the following restrictions ,

max 1.6 litre
€2000 to spend

what can you find/reccommend ??

Hairdressers special!! Mazada mx5 all day long!! Lsd it and they will drift or a 106 gti!! Ya seen mine was no slouch at the isdc trackday cheap fun car all round

The levin is always gonna be a slow integra!!
Corolla g6 1.3 ehhh noooo bore ya to tears
Other corolla gt thing it's not a corolla gti so no it's scrap dont mean to offend anyone that's just my oppinion on the above cars..

Gonna get slated for this!!! No I wouldn't recomend 1.6 Scooby as their thirsty and slow compaired to the other options!!! And from few lads I know that have had them their fairly high on insurance prices

mick how dare you :naughty: but your right they will be as heavy on petrol as a 2 liter and the 4wd on the 1.6 kills the power but apart from that a very good car :thumbsup:

Yea sorry appart from the fact that a 1.6 would be heavy on fuel and insurance and is heavy and quite slow it would be a grand car!!

if hes looking for something with a bit of power on a budget either a 20valve levin or a vtec civic......

know where theres a really mint 00 1.6 4 door vtec civic for sale well minded and never raced he owned it since it was imported if your intrested :dontknow:

If he's going 20v, trueno is cheaper to insure than levin, only difference in cars is bumpers

dont think i could talk him into a boy racer mobile , and he wants the power but will prob never break 70 mph. i think hes more image concious . he had considered a golf gti .

cheers for the suggestions though , keep em cuming

Have had few golfs and I actually loved my 00 1.8 turbo gti!! And they can be got really cheap looked at few before I bought the Bm just cos I wanted rwd again!!

Could sit into the golf at 2 am driveto Galway and back quickly without getting anyone to look twice at it

Back