-6 braided rubber hose

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
lads i need some -6 rubber braided hose asap does any one have left over?i need maybe 3-5 meters????came out and started the car to bring it to get washed and drop the oil and change the filter and noticed petrol pissing out eveywere need to replace asap or i wont be ready for an u coming race any help really appriciated :thumbsup:cheers alan

alan try pirtek over near walkinstown they might get ya out of a bind fairly quick or maybe the likes of murray motorsport

no worries al pirtek might be an option as they made up a new steering pipe for a mate,they could maybe use your fittings with pipes

i posted this tread to save me the hassle of having to get hose shipped from the uk from my usual supplier on the off chance someone would have some left over or buy new from somewere local but again rip off ireland kicks in i was quoted 160e for 5m of hose and would have to travel 30-40 over and back to collect with 2 tolls,so ive order 5m of hose from the uk for 52gbp delivered to my door and not cheap ebay stuff either!!!

jaysus al that's sickening you would think companies on this country would try and get business not charging high prices and turning potential buyers away

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=38253.msg438092#msg438092 date=1371491517]
jaysus al that's sickening you would think companies on this country would try and get business not charging high prices and turning potential buyers away
[/quote]

ah sure i know gordon i knew uk was goin to be cheaper from the get go but said id give it a bash,and when i asked was it goodrich ect he said no no its our own one that we get in from the uk!! :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3:

It's all transport costs and then the vat from the government, it's not mark up!

Fuel costs and and are lovely government are the cause, but you do have to remember we live on a very small island with very few people and no manufacturing plants so every is going to cost more here!

it's just sickening though johnny we get crippled when trying to buy parts here and then the crooked government say buy irish,sure how could ya

Well if you really think about it, it's not just the government, the banks aren't helping them and either are all these little Arabs that rap us for the price of oil, they can have there favourite Lamborghini or Ferrari etc put on a private jet every summer and shipped to London for there holidays, and all there selling is something that comes from the ground.

i understand your point johnny and gordon has made a valid point aswell,but alot of irish companys drop ship from the uk and in most cases they have the vat zero rated and resell plus vat in ireland so they get trade price less vat = lots of profit, im all for everyone turning a few bob and selling something for a fair price, but say my parcel is costing 10-12 gbp so take that from the 52 your talking 40gbp and lets say someone brings in 100m of hose and costs 30 or 40 for that package that some profit for a bit of hose anyway it is what it is ill continue to buy from the uk

I buy from the uk too Alan, and at the end of the day we all want to pay the least amount for anything.

It's just a same we can't afford irish

its a big shame johnny would make things a lot easier,i was off today could have picked it up if was more in the price range now ive to wait till d end of the week but still cant get my head around it :icon_hang:

Re: Re: -6 braided rubber hose

[quote author=Animal spec-c link=topic=38253.msg1#msg1 date=1371488353]
i posted this tread to save me the hassle of having to get hose shipped from the uk from my usual supplier on the off chance someone would have some left over or buy new from somewere local but again rip off ireland kicks in i was quoted 160e for 5m of hose and would have to travel 30-40 over and back to collect with 2 tolls,so ive order 5m of hose from the uk for 52gbp delivered to my door and not cheap ebay stuff either!!!
[/quote]

What you need on your spec of car is Goodridge 200 Series.

And i will match Demon Tweeks on this.

They are £25.34/e30.00 per metre.

So x5 metres is £126.70/e150.00

Now as you have failed to name the brand and at £52.00 for 5 metres is not exactly a fair comparsion imo.

Dave

the hoses on the car were goodrich supplied by advanced automoivefitted by scooby projects,

i am unable to name the brand that was quoted at 160 as when i asked i was told it was there own so the brand quoted at 52gbp is also unimportant the prices are just been compared.

the one i bought is well known and you will also know it dave most of 22b use it or recommend the supplier

but ill keep you in mind for the nxt time do you keep stock of most common fitting and hoses? i will be changing to -8 around nov/dec so will need hose and fittings

Re: Re: May 2006 - Brian's Impreza 22B STi

Hi.

I was not talking about us supplying or anything like that.

You have just said the e160 was unamed brand. And the £52 was a unamed brand.

And the ones on it were maybe goodridge series 200. As there are different levels of goodridge.

Also the meth use eats them if long periods of lying idle etc.

So basicaly just a lot of put downs without a lot of backups imo.

Dave

not goin to argue with you dave its simpley is what is and im sure plenty know im not talking out my arse because lots of lads buy from the uk for the same reason i do?

why are you quoting prices......

And i will match Demon Tweeks on this.

They are £25.34/e30.00 per metre.

So x5 metres is £126.70/e150.00

if your not offering to supply???

do you stock the fittings and hose if i wanted to buy genuine question?

I was not talking about us supplying or anything like that...... im confused!!!

Re: Re: May 2006 - Brian's Impreza 22B STi

We stock for our own usage not retail.

My point was that there was no way what you have got for £52 is goodridge or aeroquip. And that for that level of hose the e150-160 is correct pricing.

Now as you said the e160 quote you got was unbranded. So lets disregard that.

My point is weather you wanted goodridge 200 series -6 braided line in ireland or the uk the price is e150-160.

What you have gotten is not that.

So the argument of e160 vrs £52/e60 does not stand up in the slightest. That was my point as in not the same brand.

Sure we will leave it there. As i can see it going round in circles.

its funny how the same lads will also have something to say about unemployment in ireland though or how things are very quiet in work. Cant have it both ways.

Dave

ok thats fine i never said or implied i was getting aeroquip or goodrich but i can assure it is of the same quality i have been using this line to feed as far as the bulk head and is fine the goodrich from the bulk head to rails has now failed with the same usage,

the price your quoting is that teflon or normal stainless?

i know you get what you pay for and understand all the different brand some good some bad most of 22b use this hose as an alternative to goodrich and aeroquip and im happy to do so and ive tried and tested it using meth ,95,race fuel and so far no failure or issues with it

so ill leave it at that got what i need and happy with the quality for a fraction or the price

ps whats with the 22b info not for this tread i take it?

Back