5 Series Tec

The new 7 series has pretty much the same features but the new 5 series I think they made it better,class inside

Last edited:
It actually has most of the 7 series features a guy from murphy & gunn was telling me

That car like every other Beamer out there is just waiting to break on its owner. And with all them goodies on it you don't have a hope the only good ones are pre 00 models the worst years of my life when had one [emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't say that :icon_biggrin:
hope my e60 doesent give grief
i think more the problem is all diesels are troublesome
all brands are the same
I think most cars after 2008 that are diesel will become economically written off due to parts
at a much earlier age than stuff before that
cars really are more disposable now
anybody buying new there ok keep them in warranty job done
but I'd hate to think of the cost of some of this stuff to be replaced in a few years
thank god they'll be common so plenty available from breakers is the only upside
but yeah they deffo don't make them like they use to

I am probably a bit harsh with my BMW thoughts they are some machines and have pushed other car makers to design better more comfortable cars. But what they forgot was to put in reliability which they always had in there early models.

All modern stuff now that's dripping with tec moving screens cameras sensors like this and that will reach a certain age then if owner still had it will cripple them with huge bills

And it's not just executive cars I'm on about everything

Buy and change within warranty like my dad used to do for years and years ago outta habit with Toyota but now would be vital for financial reasons

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Some amount of tec in that
Engine wise I think it's all down to cost I have a 320 here every time I turn the thing on there is a sensor light on
Everything is plastic water pump housing and all that stuff and with heat cycles it get brittle and shits it's self old BMW engines were all steel and alloy components that were built to last but cost a fortune to make ....not just BMW doing plastic cheap crap now 99.9% of them are at it due to cutting costs.
Also engines now are running way way hotter than they ever did all due to emissions ant this is not good.
The little Peugeot I have if you went for a spin in it for an hour and parked it I swear to god 5/6 hours later the thing is still hot the Subaru would be stone cold .....all that heat cracks plastic pipes and corrodes rubber hoses and in my opinion leads to something failing.
Just my 2 cents .....I'm no mechanic ????

Bang on Keith I used to wonder what light would be on the next time I got in my 318
I remember my missus rang me one Time said there is a light that looks like a choo choo train [emoji577] lit up on dash I said are u sure definitely she said get it home and I'll have a look turned out the expansion bottle cracked and was low on coolant. The light to me looked like the rad was sizzling. Funny now when I look back on it

That tank was just replace on mine and every seal in the engine in fairness it's a lovely car to drive but fook me they are hard work

I had mine for 20000 miles had full service history this is what I had to get done
Timing chain
Vacuum pump
2 brake servos units
Rocker cover gasket
Fuel pump
Window regulater
Seat sensors
Expansion bottle
Sump gasket
Few other sensors aswell
Not to mention service 3 times in that period nice car to drive but wasn't worth it

It ain't just me friends have them man there faces when main stealer come back with repair bill [emoji33][emoji33]they said was I mad buying a scoobie

Subaru was built to last
Only reason they fail is bad maintenance IMHO
I have had Subaru Impreza sti's for over 20 years and the only thing that ever went in all them years was a fuel pump in my v1 sti
It's the constant upgrading and modding that gets ya lol

Agree with that Keith
Tough as old boots..

But our cars very simple cars with very little electronics to go wrong compared to the newer tec laden stuff like above so can't really compare

But yea really reliable cars I too been very lucky over 5 years of driving very minor things gone

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back