4 pin fan resistance

HawkAl

Would anyone have resistance values for the 4 pin fans on an 06 Sti?
Also diagram would be great thanks.
Am I right in saying connecting green single wire plug will start fan test cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Al

Have no idea of resistance values etc for the fans but I'm wondering what problem you are trying to diagnose, obviously something to do with cooling system or maybe the lack of cooling that 2.5 cars appear to suffer from ,

Recently had a fan issue on my '07 hawk.
Tested the system... using troubleshooting matrix from the Subaru workshop manuals.
All relays and wiring were fine and apparently one of the fans dead and the other only slow speed working (only 47k miles on my own ones!!). Got two fans with shrouds of a low mileage '10 Forester diesel - straight fit, plug and play... and all sorted for about ?80 including delivery.

Hi lads,

Looks to be fans themselves as temperature gauge only rises in traffic and even then does not happen all the time.

Similar to what keadeen was saying relays seem ok but fan needs a spin to start and run in the lower speed,
If I could get a copy of the troubleshooting matrix that would be brilliant.

Thanks to everyone so far

If relays fine and earth and current measured at the plugs is fine... then fan motors shot.
BTW, exact same symptoms with mine (fine when moving, but idling at standstill would get hot).

I could not find any replacement motors on their own (only come as whole package with shrouds at silly money from Subaru).
In the end - although the part number was a little different - found that Forester (08-12) fans and shrouds are a match (both fitment and watts)... and are readily and cheaply available 2nd hand.

BTW... Manual says remove downward for shroud and fan assembly... found much easier to undo top radiator hose and remove upward. Connectors can be a $%&! to release/undo as hard to get at (best bet to unclip from shroud first so you can rotate and get better access to the connectors first).

FYI manuals huge files so cannot be emailed etc and in this case nothing in there that you haven't already tested (provided you let the car come to temp plus had AC on when testing relays and circuits).

Thanks a million,

Good to be reassured it is actually the motors . . Must start searching for replacements so!

Back