2car insurance

Yeah what are the pit falls of trade policies? For instance, say you set up a company that doesn't trade much :whistle: but which conveniently lets you get a trade policy... how can you get caught or what proof do you need that your legit!

Is it also true that you're only covered up to a certain time of the day which in turn requires a private policy for your after hours vehicle...??

Do you need to have of proof of trading...? :ponder2:

So many questions... anyone :dontknow:

[quote author=legacylady link=topic=23487.msg280497#msg280497 date=1273506838]
hey guys

i just wanted to know if any one knows off any insurance companys who do like a 2 car policy :icon_grin:

if you could help me out be great

cheers

wendie
[/quote]

I dont know if its done in Ireland but I know in the North ya can get a Insurance Portfolio policy! This covers 3 vehicles + but all have to be at the same address!!!! Maybe speak to some of the local insurance brokers and ask!!!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=23487.msg280730#msg280730 date=1273581201]
Yeah what are the pit falls of trade policies? For instance, say you set up a company that doesn't trade much :whistle: but which conveniently lets you get a trade policy... how can you get caught or what proof do you need that your legit!

Is it also true that you're only covered up to a certain time of the day which in turn requires a private policy for your after hours vehicle...??

Do you need to have of proof of trading...? :ponder2:

So many questions... anyone :dontknow:
[/quote]

Once ya have a legitimate income from the business (dont know all the ins and outs of it) I dont see how they can refuse you as a customer! There may be details within their policy as guidelines!
A policy cannot stop cover outside of business hours, sure what happens if you are working late one night? If they stop your cover at 5.30 pm each day you have no cover to drive home etc..... logistically that wouldnt make sense???

@Robbie..... As long as its a fully legal road car i cant see there being an issue! (open to correction with more knowledge as always) Think about it this way, A mechanic that collects and delivers customers cars cannot pick his clients based on what modifications have been done to their vehicle previously....... and if they dont cover modified cars and you bring your leggy to him to get breaks fixed, he cant take it for a test drive after carrying out the work to make sure its 100% safe!!!!
Just wouldnt make sense if that was the case!!!!

Anyone here know more? Im going with heresay and common sense...... but we all know common sense may not be applicable!!!!!

Quoted From'Insurance difference,age,county,car'.Also someone on that post said they work in insurance but can't find it now.Might be worth asking them. :thumbsup:

RB5scooby
Full ISDC Member
Petrolhead

[applaud]

Member Number: 2398

Rb5 419

Re: insurance difference , age , county , car
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 09:32:35 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
got trade insurance today e1500, the subaru, my partner van and can drive any car van or jeep fully comp. well happy with that.

I have two cars with axa , they wont do the two on the one policy and alot of other companys wouldent even give me a quoit on the second car. :angry1:

Back