2car insurance

legacylady

Sunday Drivers
hey guys

i just wanted to know if any one knows off any insurance companys who do like a 2 car policy :icon_grin:

if you could help me out be great

cheers

wendie

Hey wendie-I dont think anyone does-and they will only let you use no claims on one car-its all a money racket. My taxi insurance is 1800 using my full no claims. The legacy is 791 with no no-claims-that just proves they pull figures out of their arses

thanks sean i was thinkin tha my self pain in the ass all right isnt it madness :angry1:

well thats that idea out the window :icon_twisted:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=23487.msg280498#msg280498 date=1273506972]
Hey wendie-I dont think anyone does-and they will only let you use no claims on one car-its all a money racket. My taxi insurance is 1800 using my full no claims. The legacy is 791 with no no-claims-that just proves they pull figures out of their arses
[/quote]

Your taxi insurance would include public liability as well, so would be more expensive.

Prices still dont stack up steve-thats 8 years no claims insuring a 95 camry worth all of 500quid @1800 and a 280hp legacy using no no-claims at 791.

[quote author=dohc_turbo link=topic=23487.msg280511#msg280511 date=1273507889]
is it illegal for one person to insure one car with two differant companys? :ponder2:
[/quote]

Yeah it would be, but why would you want 2 policys for 1 car?

[quote author=legacylady link=topic=23487.msg280497#msg280497 date=1273506838]
hey guys

i just wanted to know if any one knows off any insurance companys who do like a 2 car policy :icon_grin:

if you could help me out be great

cheers

wendie
[/quote]

I have heard of some companies that will mirror your NCB, I think its AXA or AA that do it. So you can have a discount on both but they are seperate policys

I don't know if this helps. I'm with Avia. Fully comp was €650 on my Impreza.
But when i was renewing they asked what my wife drives and who she was with.
Turns out she's with Avia too on her Clio, thru A.I.B. so got her on my car as a named driver
and my renewal dropped to €525.

sorry ment two different cars.

i cant see why its illegal.
so i cant have 2 cars insured with 2 different companys.
and i cant insure two cars with one company.

[quote author=dohc_turbo link=topic=23487.msg280554#msg280554 date=1273516696]

[/quote]

You can insure as many cars as you want but you can only use your NCB on one of the policy's.

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=23487.msg280564#msg280564 date=1273518534]
[quote author=dohc_turbo link=topic=23487.msg280554#msg280554 date=1273516696]

[/quote]

You can insure as many cars as you want but you can only use your NCB on one of the policy's.[/quote]

I have two cars insured with two different companies.They will mirror NCD if you are claim free for 3 years.Otherwise you have to build up a second NCD.Axa and Zurich are the boys.

Friend of mine has 2 different cars insured with Quinn Direct. He want to put the second car on his original policy but they told him he must take out a second separate policy.

I think the reasoning behind this is that while you can only drive one car at a time , while you are driving one car the other can be damaged or stolen while it is parked up .... which is why the two cars must be on two separate policies ...

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=23487.msg280604#msg280604 date=1273525825]
I think the reasoning behind this is that while you can only drive one car at a time , while you are driving one car the other can be damaged or stolen while it is parked up .... which is why the two cars must be on two separate policies ...
[/quote]

That may be quinn directs excuxe but i had 3 bikes on my old policy with Hibernian, only had to pay for the dearest then €25 each extra (admin charge) for the others.

Insurance is all about risk assesment and lets be fair its the same or less risk that your second car will be damaged or stolen while your driving the other. The only time that it would be worse for the insurance company is if you crash your first car and in the same day your second car gets stolen, or both get stolen at the same time but whats the chances of that. 1,000,000 : 1

i had 2 policys with axa one for the impreza and one for the integrale, i have about 10 years no claims so they gave me 3 years no cliams bonus when i started insuring the integrale all fully comp with the other half as a name driver on the impreza policy.

you just cant have a private multi car policy, they have to be seperate policys

What are the trade policy options? Would that be more expensive than just insuring 2 cars? Anyone know the ins and out of them?

Legally you have to have a trade to be using a trade policy, ie registered viable business that requires you to drive a multitude of different vehicles!!!

The insurance companies are starting to clamp down on the rules and regs of these!!

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=23487.msg280674#msg280674 date=1273563374]
Legally you have to have a trade to be using a trade policy, ie registered viable business that requires you to drive a multitude of different vehicles!!!

The insurance companies are starting to clamp down on the rules and regs of these!!
[/quote]

Registered business.... Check!!!

Now, what else? Do other members with business' have trade policies? Can you drive your privately owned cars on a trade policy or only the cars/vans owned by the business and also customer cars?

Back