2023 Where's the best quality petrol

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
New thread old topic ...

Anyone got any thoughts on this many moons ago Texico was the go to then Applegreen..haven't seen much recent info ..

I've noticed once or twice that Amber makes the car feel abit sluggish

Know is all 95 ..and closer to 92 in reality but intrested to get some options ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122-102356_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122-102356_Instagram.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 6
I consistently stick with either maxol, circle k and texaco in that order and don't really deviate from.those 3 unless I have to. Never any petrol related problems for me from them.

Yeah I'm the same, texaco or maxol for me, circle k I'm not massive on...no reason like, just All the added shite
They prob all have added shite tho....

Curious to know if many people use circle K premium fuel. I am very skeptical of it but whenever I have used it the car does run quiet well (for context this is without any NF).

Mostly maxol, I did try their premium a few times it's hard to say, it's a bit like a placebo in your head it's working.

Curious to know if many people use circle K premium fuel. I am very skeptical of it but whenever I have used it the car does run quiet well (for context this is without any NF).
Only use Circe K Premium for a long time now.
Don't do massive miles, but always fill up the tank.

Probably in my head, but think it goes flat if sitting in the tank with ethanol additive too long.
Fresh tank usual feels alive for a while.

Have fuel Card and pay at end of the month.

I don't use booster so this is probably a stupid question but why is it that you use a half bottle of nf instead of using the full bottle?

I don't use booster so this is probably a stupid question but why is it that you use a half bottle of nf instead of using the full bottle?
Its recommended to use about 1ml per liter added to your fuel tank.

With highly tuned and high compression engines, up to 5ml per liter of fuel.

I was always adding 1ml per liter, and my tuner told me that the fuel was acting more like 97RON fuel, not really 98 yet, but deffo better than 95 we usually get here in Ireland

I believe that MacMac's car was specifically tuned with that amount of NF booster in his tank, therefore he needs to continue using that amount. Its always better to have more octanes than less.

Less octane rating will result in early detonation before sparkplug ignites. Too much octane rating will result in the mixture to combust by spark - which is a good thing.

Its recommended to use about 1ml per liter added to your fuel tank.

With highly tuned and high compression engines, up to 5ml per liter of fuel.

I was always adding 1ml per liter, and my tuner told me that the fuel was acting more like 97RON fuel, not really 98 yet, but deffo better than 95 we usually get here in Ireland

I believe that MacMac's car was specifically tuned with that amount of NF booster in his tank, therefore he needs to continue using that amount. Its always better to have more octanes than less.

Less octane rating will result in early detonation before sparkplug ignites. Too much octane rating will result in the mixture to combust by spark - which is a good thing.
Welcome back Zheiko

So apparently we are getting E10 now. Is this 98?

I’m not sure what the E rating actually means.

Back