2013 trackday lap times

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
jus on a different note to the main ttrackday thread , im wondering did anyone time themselves yesterday . so out in the civic for only the second time yesterday . record from 1st day was i had a 2:27 and (gavo ) had a 2:25.8.
so out we went yesterday and (G) started with a 3:35 knocking it down to a 3:31 on his first session . then i got in and also had a couple of 3:31 's . so after re-familiarising with car/track braking points/corner speeds we started to peel back the seconds of the lap time .
so 3:31 turned into 2:28 , 2:25 ,2:24 and then we seemed to get to our peak with 2:23 .

this all before lucnh with passo seat and passo in the car .Now you have to remember that we are in a 1.4 civic . with nearly every other car on the circuit being alot quicker . so even getting out of the way in 1-2 corners would cost us that lap . so after lunch and 4 bolts later, passo and seat were left in the paddock to try and improve time .

so out after lunch we went thinking maybe the 2:20 (thursdays target) would be do-able , but alas with traffic clena laps were hard to find , even a gear change, wheel lock up or missing the apex seemed to be slowing our lap times , as we were only split by 1/10 of a second . (G) had a 2:23.1 and i squeezed in a 2:22.9 . but 2:23 seemed to be as quick as we would be going that day .

noticable difference in the car now as it was lighter , seemed to pull harder but braking,you deffinatly noticed the lightness in the back and a few hairy moments were had . so had to relearn how she went in/came out of certain corners but 2:23 seemed to be it .

then about 4 o clock (G) on his last lap did a 2:22.5 to my dismay , had knocked me off the thrown and was now numero uno . so getting close to 5pm i knew this would probably be last chance ,so strapped in and out i went with the pressure of winning firmly on this session .

how hard can u push without fecking up a smooth line through a corner , and gaining max speed cuming out of it ,i thought to myself . pushing hard thinking your on a good lap when the blue and gold appear in rear view, and you just know thats another lap gone.pull over , let them pass while trying to keep as much speed as possible and keeping to the lines of the quicker cars . 2:23.6 , 2:23.4, 2:35 (traffic) . and then let some traffic pass while trying to max possibility of a clean lap . and i got it , 2 clean laps on last session so pushed quite hard not knowing if it was going to be enough . so came around honda onto main straight and down the pitwall where the pit crew were keeping times . thumbs down if you were slower and thumbs up if youwere quicker ...................and i got the thumbs up . so on that had a slow lap and then pulled into pits ,into paddock and got out of car to be greeted with a 2:21.3 .

id peeled 1.2 off the record and was no 1 again . feckin delighted .

so thats my story of isdc 2013 trackday @ mondello .anyone else time them selves feel free to post up time here

1 2:21.3 1.4 honda civic

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=39387.msg449882#msg449882 date=1381572472]
jus on a different note to the main ttrackday thread , im wondering did anyone time themselves yesterday . so out in the civic for only the second time yesterday . record from 1st day was i had a 2:27 and (gavo ) had a 2:25.8.
so out we went yesterday and (G) started with a 3:35 knocking it down to a 3:31 on his first session . then i got in and also had a couple of 3:31 's . so after re-familiarising with car/track braking points/corner speeds we started to peel back the seconds of the lap time .
so 3:31 turned into 2:28 , 2:25 ,2:24 and then we seemed to get to our peak with 2:23 .

this all before lucnh with passo seat and passo in the car .Now you have to remember that we are in a 1.4 civic . with nearly every other car on the circuit being alot quicker . so even getting out of the way in 1-2 corners would cost us that lap . so after lunch and 4 bolts later, passo and seat were left in the paddock to try and improve time .

so out after lunch we went thinking maybe the 2:20 (thursdays target) would be do-able , but alas with traffic clena laps were hard to find , even a gear change, wheel lock up or missing the apex seemed to be slowing our lap times , as we were only split by 1/10 of a second . (G) had a 2:23.1 and i squeezed in a 2:22.9 . but 2:23 seemed to be as quick as we would be going that day .

noticable difference in the car now as it was lighter , seemed to pull harder but braking,you deffinatly noticed the lightness in the back and a few hairy moments were had . so had to relearn how she went in/came out of certain corners but 2:23 seemed to be it .

then about 4 o clock (G) on his last lap did a 2:22.5 to my dismay , had knocked me off the thrown and was now numero uno . so getting close to 5pm i knew this would probably be last chance ,so strapped in and out i went with the pressure of winning firmly on this session .

how hard can u push without fecking up a smooth line through a corner , and gaining max speed cuming out of it ,i thought to myself . pushing hard thinking your on a good lap when the blue and gold appear in rear view, and you just know thats another lap gone.pull over , let them pass while trying to keep as much speed as possible and keeping to the lines of the quicker cars . 2:23.6 , 2:23.4, 2:35 (traffic) . and then let some traffic pass while trying to max possibility of a clean lap . and i got it , 2 clean laps on last session so pushed quite hard not knowing if it was going to be enough . so came around honda onto main straight and down the pitwall where the pit crew were keeping times . thumbs down if you were slower and thumbs up if youwere quicker ...................and i got the thumbs up . so on that had a slow lap and then pulled into pits ,into paddock and got out of car to be greeted with a 2:21.3 .

id peeled 1.2 off the record and was no 1 again . feckin delighted .

so thats my story of isdc 2013 trackday @ mondello .anyone else time them selves feel free to post up time here

1 2:21.3 1.4 honda civic
2 2:17.4 2.0 seat ibiza

[/quote]

The one thing I forgot was to buy one of those track apps :hammerhead:

Judging by Baz's video first time out in the morning I was doing 2.08-2.10. I've done 2.05's the last day Joe Power was timing it, and I felt like I was faster than that in the afternoon that but wasn't timed so can't say for sure. Was just getting more used to the car and better lines with the more time on track I had :changinggear:

Think we need a big club group buy on good 2 piece disks in the new year, there was a lot of overheating vibration going on out there :eek:hhpoopoo:

You were defo faster in the afternoon Robbie. Dave timed me I think it was 2.05.3 and we were similar pace I think?. Previous time was 2.09

justin , good to chat with you and that ibiza is a nice lil car

keith , heard my mate had a good dice with you towards end of day (more evenly matched )

rob and baz , you's were both very fast looking

[quote author=Scoobyke link=topic=39387.msg1#msg1 date=1381578927]
I was timing myself with one of those racelogic boxes,was getting 2.07s,
[/quote]

Would of thought quicker than that . Is that done by GPS ?

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=39387.msg449908#msg449908 date=1381579183]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah its a gps job alrite

yeah scoobyke , i had it my head that yours was a faster car also . didnt seem as raw as i remember .

asti rs , what car ?,,,, and two seconds is difference between bridge and first corner (quite a lot )

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=39387.msg449905#msg449905 date=1381578570]
justin , good to chat with you and that ibiza is a nice lil car

yea nice meetin ya, have some more work to do to the ibiza. get a diff and adjust the suspension abit and hopefully i can knock 4 or 5 secs off my time. was killing me not having one.
was hoping to meet you or yours mates out on track for a dice but will have to wait till next time

[quote author=Scoobyke link=topic=39387.msg1#msg1 date=1381579775]
[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=39387.msg449908#msg449908 date=1381579183]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah its a gps job alrite
[/quote]

My time must be wrong so as was on a phone because your car was flying, had to drive really hard to keep with you

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=39387.msg449897#msg449897 date=1381576387]
You were defo faster in the afternoon Robbie. Dave timed me I think it was 2.05.3 and we were similar pace I think?. Previous time was 2.09
[/quote]

I felt much faster towards the very end of the day, it amazing how you progress if you get out lots during the day. You get more confident into corners the more time you spend out there.

I didn't get to follow you a lot yesterday, only once for about a lap or so when there were 2 cars in between us but there wasn't much between us at the last day so I'd expect times to be similar alright :thumbsup:

I can confirm baz in the wagon was

Best could do in 300zx waz

Horrible car for the track.... :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

My best yesterday was 2.06 but most were 2.07 and 2.08

I really need more power now as I have my lines and braking sorted.
Hopefully get the car sorted for next year, it's 250 bhp now so anything over 300 will do me

I can confirm Duffman was doin 2.07 and 2.08 the laps I did with him very sorted chassis
My wagon was doin 2.10 and the ka was doin 2.14 on road Tyres
All times Were from race chrono app on my phone
Now for some toyos for the ka I think

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=39387.msg449914#msg449914 date=1381580305]
yeah scoobyke , i had it my head that yours was a faster car also . didnt seem as raw as i remember .

asti rs , what car ?,,,, and two seconds is difference between bridge and first corner (quite a lot )
[/quote]

the grey mitsubishi mirage with the black and purple wheels

Back