2007 Impreza 2.0 RX (Non-Turbo) flywheel

subiescooby

Matthew
ISDC Club Member
Hey,

First of all, this is my first post here after lurking for a good while, so if I have created this in the wrong section I apologise.

I have a 2007 Impreza RX with the EJ204. I am looking to change the flywheel as the release bearing is getting fairly loud so want to change it all out while im in there. I am struggling to find a replacement flywheel and have a few questions about it.

I am looking to go single mass if possible as its cheaper and less hassle than a dual mass.

So,
First, does anyone know where to source a flywheel for these besides going to the dealer? usually I can find parts somewhere but im stumped on this one. Its hard enough getting info for this model as it's rareish compared to info for turbos.
Will a turbo flywheel fit? if so im guessing ill need a turbo clutch? although Iwould imagine it wouldn't.

The forester/legacy has the same EJ204 and would like to know if a flywheel off those would fit?

Ive been searching for info for quiet awhile on this one and stuck on where to get a flywheel, clutch kits I can find just the flywheel that doesn't seem to be easily got.

Any info that anyone has about this would be appreciated, although I know the non-turbo imprezas aren't looked at too much.

Bit of back story for anyone thats interested,
I have this impreza for over a year and learning loads about scoobys from owning it. It is my daily as I am only 23 and cannot afford the insane insurance for a second car, and cannot justify a second car for a non turbo anyway :ROFLMAO:.
I would love a turbo in the near future but the way this country is with insurance as well as the current market for cars, the non turbo has to do me for now :)

There only a standard fly wheel in them so no duel mass or anything ๐Ÿ‘

Get your original flywheel skimmed for 50 quid and it will be perfect and spend the money you save in on a rear crank seal and pinion bearing for the flywheel ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

There only a standard fly wheel in them so no duel mass or anything ๐Ÿ‘

Get your original flywheel skimmed for 50 quid and it will be perfect and spend the money you save in on a rear crank seal and pinion bearing for the flywheel ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Hmm I was sure they were dual mass, the part numbers I have for OEM are all dual mass.

The info on the non turbos is next to nothing so I guess taking it off is the easiest way to know for sure

Standard solid flywheel in them . No need for a new 1 just get your original one skimmed for 50-60 quid and your sorted

Could be a pressed clutch fork in them too and they get worn and brake . There only 30-40 quid so worth doing when In there . The turbo ones have a way stronger clutch fork unless it different to the foresters

Could be a pressed clutch fork in them too and they get worn and brake . There only 30-40 quid so worth doing when In there . The turbo ones have a way stronger clutch fork unless it different to the foresters
Sounds good then, thanks for the info

Back