2006 Subaru Legacy GT Touring

Thanks for all the comments i will put up more photos when i get them. I was speaking with Dave in RSR yesterday. What would people recommend doing to the car when i bring it in first? Timing belt etc, fluids etc?

I'd recommend doing a full service and fluids change
Brake fluid
Power steering fluid
Gearbox and diff oils
Timing belt kit

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that reply. Where would be the best place to source what i need? Whatever to keep the cost down rather than mechanic supplying and fitting.

Jarocki seen the identical twin of this car imported bout 8 months ago haven't seen it since on the road but just so u know Uve a twin car in Ireland ????

As above be great to see you/car at few Club events the more the merryer ????

Any motor factors would have above bits????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jarocki seen the identical twin of this car imported bout 8 months ago haven't seen it since on the road but just so u know Uve a twin car in Ireland ????

As above be great to see you/car at few Club events the more the merryer ????

Any motor factors would have above bits????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks. I saw a lovely black version 05 driving down drumcondra road. It was lovely have to say. Looking forward to getting it in. Got told should arrive on the 20th of September. Yes i will keep an eye out on the meets and pop along to them.

before remap i would do, oil and filter change, coolant change, spark plugs, air filter, new fuel pump(optional, but good idea since car is 10 years old) lambda sensor(about 70 euro from Japanparts.com) as they also can cause issues during mapping.

Check the turbo inlet hose as is prone to fatigue over time.
Check the couplers on the intercooler are secure, and make sure there is no cracks in the plastic tabs on the intercooler end tanks
Check the boost lines for tears or splits
Also ask the mapper if he recommends a 3 port boost solenoid

And timing belt if there is no record if it being done recently, 5 years or 100k :)

Last edited:
Sounds like you did this before Dan lol

Things you should do to your legacy so it doesn't blow up. :)

To the OP I used to have a twinscroll legacy for 8 years, one of the early adaptors to this model. If you need any help for part numbers, upgrades etc, let me know and I'll help out the best I can

Welcome :subaru: Nice motor mate. Check out micksgarage site for service parts, they have good prices.

Things you should do to your legacy so it doesn't blow up. :)

To the OP I used to have a twinscroll legacy for 8 years, one of the early adaptors to this model. If you need any help for part numbers, upgrades etc, let me know and I'll help out the best I can

Some great info there thanks. Yes i also need to find out the oil type and brand to use for my car? Engine Type EJ20XDKCJE. Since i plan on servicing the car often would make sense to buy oil in bulk? possibly 20 ltr barrel?

Can anyone recommend where to get the regular service items? filters, etc.

Very nice looking bus! I think i was the black one you seen in drumcondra! Only have mine a few weeks. Great car. best of luck with it!

Thanks for the replies. I have a few service stickers on the car from Japan, need some translations, but says 5w30. need to know was it fully syn etc. Yeah i think it was a black one with brembo brakes as far as i remember. See the picture below of the sticks. Might help explain what was used before. Also looks like the transmission oil was changed but that is just a guess.

Attachments

• P7210821.JPG
    P7210821.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 48
You can use either, 10w40 or 5w30. I used fully synthetic on mine with no issues.

Subaru recommend 10w 40 semi in your car. I used 10w 40 fully synethic in bl5 turbo, my brother has same car as you also and he uses 5w 30, never any issues with either oil.

Subaru recommend 10w 40 semi in your car. I used 10w 40 fully synethic in bl5 turbo, my brother has same car as you also and he uses 5w 30, never any issues with either oil.

So is that 5w30 fully synthetic for the BP5 legacy?

So is that 5w30 fully synthetic for the BP5 legacy?

My brother uses 5w 30 fully synethic in his bp5 leggie with no issues. I had the saloon version for over 3 years bl5 model turbo and used 10w40 fully synethic no issues also, don't think there will be a problem with either, best of luck with her, lovely car

My brother uses 5w 30 fully synethic in his bp5 leggie with no issues. I had the saloon version for over 3 years bl5 model turbo and used 10w40 fully synethic no issues also, don't think there will be a problem with either, best of luck with her, lovely car

Thanks for the reply. I will probably stick with 5w30 as that is what the stickers says and what was used before. Does it have to be a certain type of 5w30 with certain ingredients? Can't wait for it to arrive

Back