2005 Impreza WRX

jimgti

My mileage will be going up soon, so I am mulling over the idea of selling my car. So will throw it here and see if anyone has any interest.

Looking for €5,500ono.

Original Irish car, with clocks in KM's.
236k kms (in regular use but not covering much ground these days, so may be at 237k soon enough)
NCT Aug 2021
Tax until Feb 2021
Has some history with it, but I never went through it in detail.

Last of the Blobeye models with some of the Hawkeye bits, like center console, steering wheel, etc.

I bought the car last year and did a bit of maintenance to it. Prior to me buying it, the garage did a service with air con re-gassed and new O2 sensor.

Since Feb of 2020 the following was done between 233k and 236k kms:

Oil (replaced sump bolt) and filter change (Millers CFS NT+ 5W40)
Gearbox and rear diff oils (Motul 300 75w90)
Fuel and air filter
NGK Spark plugs (level 7)
Replaced 2 coil packs
Cabin filter
Timing belt, water pump and thermostat
Coolant flush and new cap on expansion tank (one by the intercooler)
4 new interior mats
Brake pads all round
Track rod ends
Front anti roll bar bushings
Front drop links
Front top shock mounts
Ball joints replaced
Front lower control arm rear bushings replaced
4 x tyres (Falken Azenis FK510) and full alignment
Cleaned MAF, Idle control valve and throttle body
Changed PS Fluid
Replaced front headlights with genuine secondhand set and OSRAM Night Breaker bulbs
Replaced some vacuum lines and clips
Tightened handbrake cable
Replaced rear light seal
Gave car full decontamination, machine polish, sealer and wax.

Car drives well and passed NCT first time (well in two trips due to lift issue with NCT).

The car is standard with some cosmetic extras:

Gear knob, high rise spoiler, strut brace up front, Bugeye JDM STI front seats (Which I find great), rear seats and door cards are stock WRX. Has WR Sport back box (which I think was an option) only marginally louder than stock, so no issues with drone etc.

Bad points:

Car is 15 years old and 236k kms so has some marks, it is not a concourse car but very presentable. Front bumper the worst with rear bumper having scrapes too. I reckon passenger rear door got paint too at some point, but is very presentable overall. Have only one key and the key is a bit tatty and remote central locking is intermittent, but works on the barrel. One of the front fog lights is taking in a small bit of water.

Car located in Galway city.

I am bad at the pictures, but send me a PM with your number and will WhatsApp a few more plus videos, etc.

Passenger_side.jpgunderground_snap.jpgDrivers_side.jpgSeats.jpg

Lovely clean car with all the maintainance done. Whoever buys it will just have to tax, petrol and drive it. I have driven it a few times and it's great craic 😊

GLWTS man. She'll be a great car with all based covered for maintenance. Can't go wrong with 02C either. I'd say you'll regret selling her on lol

Congratulations Jim that must be a record in sale terms 😉
Some amount of stuff done to it have to say

Cheers lads. Was a fast sale indeed. Had loads of interest. A few calls and lots of saves on the advert.
Mileage going up soon was why I sold it. Would love to have space and means to keep as a weekend car. Hopefully will in the not too distant future.

I've no doubt you'll be back in a Subaru again, but as you said, needs must for now. Get yourself something to hang onto for the longer mileage and pull the trigger on something that'll work with a classic policy when you get the chance. Well done man

Back