2004 WRX Front jacking point.

conorob123

ISDC Club Member
Hi, I am not sure the plate behind the sump would be able to be jacked as it is a bit rusted. I know if i jack up from the subframe i will bend it also and the usual jacking points for cars on the sills, are very weak. Where should i jack the car when working at the front of it? Thanks

Anytime mine goes on the lift or jack I always go from here and never had problems, making sure its proper underneath the solid part, not towards the very end as that will bend
Ive no pics of my own on the lift but found reference on google ;)

Attachments

• 1686859361328.png
    1686859361328.png
    679.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 1686859374825.png
    1686859374825.png
    723.8 KB · Views: 23
I wouldn’t Jack off the box as shown above as that it attached to rubber mounts and your putting a lot of unnecessary weight and stress there , the plate in behind the sump is designed for jacking , then put your axle stands under the rear control arm bushes on a classic or on the U frame bolts on the new age

Jack off the uframe in the places marked in the photo . It will be just behind the front wheels . You can axle stands There too đź‘Ť

Attachments

• BCB3E3F9-78F4-4758-A897-5C0A2D0365ED.jpeg
    BCB3E3F9-78F4-4758-A897-5C0A2D0365ED.jpeg
    784.3 KB · Views: 8
Anytime mine goes on the lift or jack I always go from here and never had problems, making sure its proper underneath the solid part, not towards the very end as that will bend
Ive no pics of my own on the lift but found reference on google ;)
Ok, thanks for the help

I wouldn’t Jack off the box as shown above as that it attached to rubber mounts and your putting a lot of unnecessary weight and stress there , the plate in behind the sump is designed for jacking , then put your axle stands under the rear control arm bushes on a classic or on the U frame bolts on the new age
Cheersđź‘Ť

Back