2004 Subaru Impreza WRX SL 2004

conorob123

ISDC Club Member
Hi, i bought a silver blobeye wrx SL yesterday. It has been previously featured on here already...... https://isdc.ie/forum/threads/2004-subaru-impreza-wrx-sl.46231/......
Its a really clean example and has no major rust problems due to the previous owners taking care of it. Im wondering how i can keep it in good condition as i dont have a garage to keep it garaged. Please help. Also the timing belt was changed only 25,000 miles ago but it was in 2012, should i change it? Thanks for reading

Attachments

• 4F3489AD-D002-41D9-9715-EC5D0C86F654.jpeg
    4F3489AD-D002-41D9-9715-EC5D0C86F654.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 38
  • AF5CAA74-B2BD-431F-AD57-8BE25E30785A.jpeg
    AF5CAA74-B2BD-431F-AD57-8BE25E30785A.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 8F3D858C-541B-4E12-9058-6FE747C1D3CA.jpeg
    8F3D858C-541B-4E12-9058-6FE747C1D3CA.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 37
Welcome along Conor πŸ‘πŸ‘very nice car you bought πŸ‘ . Yes it’s needs a timing . 60k miles or 6 years. . Usually around 500 euros for a timing belt kit and water pump. . I’m sure there’s someone your our area that Do them .
Make sure you use a good kit . Nsk- koyo. Bearings and asain water pump and dayco timing belt πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Welcome along man, nice motor you have there. Previous two owners were on here I think, blacktar and the following owner also IIRC.
Great car to start with, looks very well, enjoy 😎

Welcome along Conor πŸ‘πŸ‘very nice car you bought πŸ‘ . Yes it’s needs a timing . 60k miles or 6 years. . Usually around 500 euros for a timing belt kit and water pump. . I’m sure there’s someone your our area that Do them .
Make sure you use a good kit . Nsk- koyo. Bearings and asain water pump and dayco timing belt πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thank youπŸ‘πŸ‘.....how often would you recommend for service intervals? I wont be driving the car too hard but it will be a daily. I was thinking 5,000mls

Welcome πŸ‘, best of luck with it, great car , I bought that car in 2012, owned it for 5 years, blog on it in members section, was standard sl when I bought it in monaghan,
Previous owner to me used it very little, I didn't use it much, I sold it to donegal where owner stored it for 3 years, and think Ray didn't put much miles on it,
Ali burrows put full timing belt kit on when I had but we didn't change water pump,
I used 5w30 oil when I had it as is standard irish wrx from new no modifications, still none far as I know, I changed oil once a year as was only doing about 3k miles a year, .
Revs look well on it aswell, they 18s?
πŸ‘πŸ‘

Any good make oil will do . That Mobil thing Is only a myth. Oil doesn’t blow an engine πŸ‘πŸ‘

Welcome πŸ‘, best of luck with it, great car , I bought that car in 2012, owned it for 5 years, blog on it in members section, was standard sl when I bought it in monaghan,
Previous owner to me used it very little, I didn't use it much, I sold it to donegal where owner stored it for 3 years, and think Ray didn't put much miles on it,
Ali burrows put full timing belt kit on when I had but we didn't change water pump,
I used 5w30 oil when I had it as is standard irish wrx from new no modifications, still none far as I know, I changed oil once a year as was only doing about 3k miles a year, .
Revs look well on it aswell, they 18s?
πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks for the info, what brand of 5w30 did you use? As i dont know which brand of oil too get, the revs are 17s by the way, the guy i bought the car off wanted the keep the BBS wheels that you had on itπŸ‘

Any standard minded car, won't have an issue, I'm using mobil last few years, car doesn't get abused, regular servicing, will have no issues, fresh plugs prob no harm when your getting belt done as they're in it since belt was changed as well, you'll have years of hassle free driving then only needing oil changes πŸ‘Œ

17s look well on it, any decent well known brand will be sound, and same with filter go oe or use mann or similar good quality,

Back