2001 Version 6 UK WRX EJ20 Engine

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hi all,

As some of you may know my UK wagon failed it's NCT on rust issues and I've decided to break it. I'd like to hold off breaking the car till the engine is sold as I want any potential buyers to hear the engine running prior to removal.

It's a standard UK WRX engine from a Version 6 Turbo 2000. Mileage is 162k miles with oil changes in my ownership at every 6lk mile intervals using only 10W40 Castrol semi - synthetic. I've bought it with 98k miles... Both previous owners were mature owners, last one only drive it at the weekends. It's been the most reliable Subaru I've ever owned and still runs incredibly smooth with no piston slap issues or knocks. The T-Belt is due and it could do with new rocker cover seals but otherwise it runs perfect with a minimal amount of oil usage.

I'm selling it as a complete engine with all ancillaries included such inlet manifold throttle body, power steering, coil pack & leads etc etc...

I will however be hanging onto the alternator and turbo...and a few other things (rad, downpipe, MAF) which I'll be selling eventually.

Due to high mileage I'm looking for 300 OVNO.

PM, Post hear.. or call me on 0 8 6 6 9 9 3 1 3 8

Hi Dave, this is the thread I spoke to you about. This would be ideal to get the Forester back on the road after all this time, can't wait to get it back. When are you collecting the engine, I might go with you for the trip so I can hear it for myself. :thumbsup:

Hey Jamie

Can you hold onto the cover for the light in the boot and the drivers rear light square cover in the boot, mine are gone and its wrecking my head..... I'll have a look and see if there is other items I need and I'll get them from you when you start stripping cheers....

No worries Eugene... I've the light cover but not sure bout the DS rear light cover. I'll be posting up all parts after the weekend with prices.

Back