2001 JDM WRX Bugeye

McCord

Hi there, Thanks for allowing me to join your club.

I've recently purchased a 2001 Bugeye JDM WRX after a few years away from performance cars. I previously had a 1997 Irish Gc8 Turbo.

I tried to find a Gc8 project to suit my budget, unfortunately I was unable to find one. So I looked to the next model The Bugeye. I purchased a 2001 Bugeye JDM WRX which needed some tiding ( paint wise ) and TLC.
What attracted me to this car was the fact it was a JDM, and had some STI Goodies fitted. It's got an orginal set of Prodrive Speedline Pff7s, big STI Brembos and STI Suspension. It's got factory HID headlights also. It came with a RMC cold air intake and a HKS Super Sequential dump valve, and a 3 in Fujitsubo Jasma exhaust system from Turbo back, it's loud but not overly loud.
I removed all STI stickers and bonnet scoup from it and I've fitted a new front Splitter giving it a lower stance in the front. And recently fitted a new Prosport Triple Guage unit replacing the time clock. I also got the steering wheel and gearknob refurbished and I picked up a 2nd hand STI handbrake lever to match the red stitching I got done.
I was also lucky enough to find another original Pff7 to use as a spare to clear the Brembos. I got a original set of orange wing reflectors also.
I'm also waiting a a new Walbro uprated fuel pump and a set of Hardrace outer steering ends to sort some handling issues as she's sitting low.

I'm a fan of the clean simple look.

I'm curious as to if anyone has any more info on this car reg 01D97090. I brought it in Donegal and it had 2 owners over a period of 6 years there. Seemly it was in Meath before that, and was imported in 2009.

Looking forward to meeting / seeing / chatting with you all.

Regards
Nigel McCord
Co. Carlow

Attachments

• IMG_20231228_190422.jpg
    IMG_20231228_190422.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20231221_120127.jpg
    IMG_20231221_120127.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20231220_101952.jpg
    IMG_20231220_101952.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20231220_090151.jpg
    IMG_20231220_090151.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20231214_153322.jpg
    IMG_20231214_153322.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Welcome along buddy, fresh looking motor, nice touches, wheels suit it down to the ground.
Recommend signing up as a full member and checking out some of the upcoming events. Had a little meet in Limerick today, lots coming for 2024 ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿค›

Welcome along buddy, fresh looking motor, nice touches, wheels suit it down to the ground.
Recommend signing up as a full member and checking out some of the upcoming events. Had a little meet in Limerick today, lots coming for 2024 ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿค›
Thanks very much. Yes I'll have a look for the link to Join ASAP. Thanks

Screenshot_20240102-005223_Chrome.jpg

Click the drop down menu at top left and you'll see it there. Get nice little members pack too ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I've recently purchased a 2001 Bugeye JDM WRX after a few years away from performance cars. I previously had a 1997 Irish Gc8 Turbo.

I tried to find a Gc8 project to suit my budget, unfortunately I was unable to find one. So I looked to the next model The Bugeye. I purchased a 2001 Bugeye JDM WRX which needed some tiding ( paint wise ) and TLC.
What attracted me to this car was the fact it was a JDM, and had some STI Goodies fitted. It's got an orginal set of Prodrive Speedline Pff7s, big STI Brembos and STI Suspension. It's got factory HID headlights also. It came with a RMC cold air intake and a HKS Super Sequential dump valve, and a 3 in Fujitsubo Jasma exhaust system from Turbo back, it's loud but not overly loud.
I removed all STI stickers and bonnet scoup from it and I've fitted a new front Splitter giving it a lower stance in the front. And recently fitted a new Prosport Triple Guage unit replacing the time clock. I also got the steering wheel and gearknob refurbished and I picked up a 2nd hand STI handbrake lever to match the red stitching I got done.
I was also lucky enough to find another original Pff7 to use as a spare to clear the Brembos. I got a original set of orange wing reflectors also.
I'm also waiting a a new Walbro uprated fuel pump and a set of Hardrace outer steering ends to sort some handling issues as she's sitting low.

I'm curious as to if anyone has any more info on this car reg 01D97090. I brought it in Donegal and it had 2 owners over a period of 6 years there. Seemly it was in Meath before that, and was imported in 2009.

Regards
Nigel McCord
Co. Carlow
Nice car

Regards
Nigel McCord
Co. Carlow
Welcome nice looking bug

Back