2.5 wrx wagon

Had an R56 (2008) JCW with the turbo on it... great car!

Drove plenty of the R53 super charger ones... also nice, very different though.
More linear, less power though (especially under the curve), a lot harder on juice, much firmer suspension, in general much more raw and loved the charger whine... though would say the newer version is easier to live with by far, and probably a bit quicker. If it is a Cooper S R53 - and not an JCW - then the brakes are not great when pushing it (the JCW brakes are brilliant on both cars as are bigger Brembos than come on the Hawk STI).

I taught the r56 gave lots of engine trouble??
Or am I wrong I have been only thinking of r53 for this reason

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Great engine just the timing chain needs replacing for up rated one
Other than that I think it's bomb proof

I think so Dec.. thp 150
1.6 turbo it's a cracking engine and gets great review but the pug is heavy for its size but a map will see 180
I was getting a de pollution fault on the dash and car would go into limp ..it was to do with the timing chain got the job done 450 Euro and it's flying now and it solves the problem for good as its a modified part.
I think the mini is a lighter car so power to weigh and all that it would be faster ....but the map would have them on par

Also think the mini is a better looking car but the pug came up with great spec and one owner a mechanic who worked in Peugeot so he had full spec on it and looked after it well so I jumped at it as the 106 was starting to show its age.

Mate has the GP edition mini, done the ring 3 times and in with 1310 mini (mite not be spelled correct) to add some power

Seat Leon Cupra TSI

Muck ugly tank! Vag turbo nothingness...
No track weapon at all.

It's like sh1tting and p1ssing into a Huggy's pull up nappy over night and then getting out of the cot and trying to beat the other child, who didn't soil themselves during the night!! In a 50M race!!

Just saying if you get me.....

Mini is quick and light out of the box.

R53 cooper s
uprated pulley
strut braces (front lower most important i belive)
GAZ Coilovers
Upgrade Brakes
Remap with lag and launch (on stock ecu)
There a serious cheap car to buy and do a few bits to make them very capable
handling out of the box is fantastic

oh and induction kit

Sounds like a beast colm, scare a few "big" cars away..

I remember years ago on here I did a Coilover Q & A... had a thread here!

My gut told me to go those GAZ shocks.

Bees knees back a few years ago?

Seemingly you could tell them what your requirements were??? Then they built the shock units to your spec??

Anybody know are they the same?

Old threads on most sites say they are the ones to get!!

Proper no frills sh1t..... as it says on the Tin!!

Job oxo..

I taught the r56 gave lots of engine trouble??
Or am I wrong I have been only thinking of r53 for this reason

Only issue with them is the chain guides and tensioner, and then only if original v1 parts.
Most have had these replaced under warranty by now for v2 parts which cure this issue... v1 parts are still out there though and would not cure the problem for longer than 1k-10k kms. Job is indeed around the 450 mark as per the pug post by Keith.

Way more power out of the R56 with the pug turbo in it... and way better on fuel too (avg 34-38mpg vs 24-28 mpg in the R53).
The R53 will need charger rebuilds every 60-90k kms... so... it is debatable which is the more "reliable".

Cheers Keith ???? Ye the mini is 175 bhp or 210 in jcw spec

175 is the Cooper S... which has the small brakes btw and brake upgrade is expensive
210 is the "Dealer" JCW upgrade pack (they take the Cooper S and bolt on JCW bits and remap - but little further scope for increase in power)
218 is the proper factory JCW... which has some different engine parts and would allow around 248-256 with a remap.

The proper factory JCW are more rare and the one you want!
Only about 6 of these sold in Ireland between 2007-2010... rest are imports...

Cheers Charles it would only cost me parts as I would do it myself no problem. It's something to think about although the whine of a charger is nice too ????

Have to agree that whine is class.
Is it going to be your every day car Dec or just fun weekend toy

Back