1976 Marshall JMP MKII 50w Lead Guitar Head *** SOLD ***

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Howdy all... Not sure if anyone here would have an interest in this but thought it was worth sticking it up regardless for all you musicians out there!! :smokin:

If anyone is after that 1970's AC/DC tone... then look no further!! :icon_twisted:

It's a Modified "Big Box" 50 watt Marshall JMP from 1976.

I've owned this amp since 1996 and used it for gigging from 1996 to 1999. Since then it has been sat in my kitchen gathering dust. It is in immaculate condition for the year!!!!

I bought this amp not really knowing Marshall heads and was never sure of what the modified switches did in the low sensitivity inputs. I think they are some form of master volume... but can't be sure.

My old bass player knocked the voltage input selector switch on the back out and plugged it back in incorrectly blowing the mains transformer, which I've since had replaced professionally, along with having the mains selector "set".

The Powerstage has 5881s or 6L6 valves fitted new back in 1995 and as mentioned was used for only a 3 year period by myself before being stored up so there should be plenty of life left in them. The amp is reasonably original other than the mains transformer and 2 switches previously mentioned.. and one of the gold handle end covers that was bought new through Marshall recently. It is in fantastic condition with no tears or marks worth mentioning.

I also recently bought a high quality new dust cover.

It can't be beat for tone... and as much as the "cork sniffers" will claim that these aren't as good as the point-to-point handwired Plexis... these are still fantastic "70's tone monster amps" that are becoming rare and collectable.

I won't be willing to part with this for stupid money so PLEASE no ridiculous offers less than 900 euro. These are curently for sale on Ebay through US sellers for 1400+ Dollars... not including the shipping costs and insurance... which would proove a lot pricier than what I'm looking for...and most of them aren't anywhere near as good condition.

As much as this is surplus to requirement at the moment I'd rather hang onto it rather than part with it for silly money.

Thanks for looking!! :) :icon_headbang:

Re: 1976 Marshall JMP MKII 50w Lead Guitar Head

New price... come on all you guitarists out there!!!! :icon_headbang:

[size=36pt]€900[/size] :shock2:

[glow=red,2,300][size=24pt]BARGAIN!!!!![/size][/glow]

Re: 1976 Marshall JMP MKII 50w Lead Guitar Head *** REDUCED ***

That is stunning. Adverts.ie has to be your best bet tho.

Re: 1976 Marshall JMP MKII 50w Lead Guitar Head *** REDUCED ***

Cheers fella... Already have it up there though.

Back