18inch wheel fitment advice

Ciaran... Without a doubt go with the wheels Johnny got. Revolutions are a poor copy of the original speedline 2013. The wheels Johnny got are actually the speedline rim just made under licence for a Spanish firm by speedline themselves. They are colour correct unlike the bright gold of the revs and are perfect in shape and without the poxy revolution text down one spoke.

Don't agree with ya there Jamie revolutions are an excellent rim very strong the reason they look different to the speediness is because they only copied the basic style not the exact rim and colour

Poor copy..... Totally disagree with that.yes I do have a set but that's nothing to do with my opinion on them.
Very strong rims and with the abuse I've given mine most other wheels would bend or crack!
Hence my point above.

I like both rims mentioned but I think the revos suit a new age much better.
It's a marmite thing I guess :thumbsup:

Having revolution written on em dosent bother me at all Jamie I like that actually as fr the color ill be going gun metal wonder what the price duffman got on em

Spoke to few members that run revs as dec says tough wheel

I never questioned their strength Dec... Just their appearance. I know their not a direct copy and that's why I'm not a fan. In fairness i'd love a set for my wagon in 17's... But only coz that crowd don't make the speedline version in a 17. If I bought revs... I'd fill the name on spoke and respray them the correct shade of gold.

He's getting the anthracite ones anyway Jamie so he can't go that route :thumbsup:
Gonna look awesome best thing you've bought for the car Ciaran
I've the BBS so no point buying more wheels but if I didn't I'd be wearing revs
best looking wheel on a Subaru in my opinion is the rev
Timeless wheel and serious value when you look at the cost off some other wheels out there that aren't half the quality

i love the revos but then i'm biased in saying that i prefer them in gunmetal and will probably redo them at some point as i think the darker colour suits my car better,if i had the money i'd get a set of those 18" wheels that johnny and iirc for around 800 they're savage value ciaran

Didn't know you wanted the grey ones Ciaran

Revolutions it is so as mine only come in silver and gold,

I have had a set of 17s revo on the type r and I have a set of 18x8 black ones on my hawk, there a great wheel, very strong and I love of them as there you get that Motorsport look,

I just always wanted the speedline in 18x8 and there hard to come buy for my classic, I got them for €700 new,

I'm actually hoping to spray my black revos to grey later this year as I don't really like the way pictures come out on a black wheel with no reflection, grey is prefect good choice.

Lads Jamie wasn't saying there not a good wheel or strong, he is just a traditionalist like me.

perfectionist more like johnny and sure ciaran could always get a set like yojrs and have them painted and i'l duck now :icon_lol:

@ Duffman Ah yea thought u has revs on hawk alright man I think they deadly on the black hawk not shur id spray em myself
Yea the new wheels for your classic really suit the car nice job :thumbsup:

You coming thurs ?..

Get up that yard gordon :multijump: :icon_grin:

[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=41500.msg474999#msg474999 date=1397900977]
@ Duffman Ah yea thought u has revs on hawk alright man I think they deadly on the black hawk not shur id spray em myself
Yea the new wheels for your classic really suit the car nice job :thumbsup:

You coming thurs ?..

Get up that yard gordon :multijump: :icon_grin:
[/quote]

Hopefully be full member tonight so will see for Thursday but hopefully

i'd have the revs over the speedlines anyday and i'm a big fan of speedlines. simply for the reason they look better the way the spoke is stepped out compared to the straight spoke of the speedline .
i have a set of rare 5 spoke speedlines and the revs look better that them aswell but its down to taste i guess :needpics: :needpics:

Back