05 STI - Lambe & O'Connor Car Sales

dp639

Sunday Drivers
Hi all,
Does anyone know anything about this car? http://www.carzone.ie/search/Subaru/Impreza/2.0-WRX-/200815188499440/advert

Haven't been in a showroom for a couple of years so wondering what you could expect them to accept for cash/bank draft there and then. I've a couple more months of saving to do but come May/June if this car is still around I might go take a look.

Anyone ever dealt with this crowd before? I've always bought in the UK but VRT prices for 2005 STI's and OMSP's are ridiculously high (up in the high 20's)and just about absorbs any savings to be made.

Cheers
DP.

Thats been there a couple of months now, I'm sure you'd get a good deal on it.

Not sure what they're like to deal with but I did view a car there previously & they were very friendly. They usually deal in high end Mercs etc so they're no back-street cowboys.

[quote author=Pete link=topic=14167.msg175172#msg175172 date=1239021184]
I dont know that one but there is a savage mint condition one down in the midlands, If I was buying one, then this would be it.

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=5157.0
[/quote]

Thats nice, is it still for sale? though its around the same money at the other one but a year older.

The Impreza in silver is a bit more subtle (if that's possible for a Scooby), so I'd prefer to go for that - maybe I'm just getting old ;-)

Where abouts in the Midlands is it? thats where I live.

I looked at her a long time ago, and thet wanted 35k for her, and that MUST have been almost a year ago. :icon_rolleyes:
So I dont think they play around with offers.
I bought very same car. :dance:

I think Its still there, Its in westmeath.

It is like a brand new car, give him a bell. He is a bang on fella

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14167.msg175177#msg175177 date=1239022331]
Thats been there a couple of months now, I'm sure you'd get a good deal on it.

Not sure what they're like to deal with but I did view a car there previously & they were very friendly. They usually deal in high end Mercs etc so they're no back-street cowboys.
[/quote]

Lets hope its still here in a couple more months.

have to agree with you pete shes a sweet motor and would much rather buy off someone in the club than a dealer :thumbsup:

[quote author=Fathertedc link=topic=14167.msg175200#msg175200 date=1239025829]
there a several sweet 2005 STi on pistonheads for about 10k sterling. vrt is about 9
[/quote]

True, my point exactly, if that car came down to about 20k then its on par more or less with a UK car. But if it remains at 24/25 then its too much.

Never dealt with Lambe and o'connor but ive worked accross the road from them so had a peek in the doors before and they only seem to sell high end cars and have a good stock of Big BMW's etc.
Worth a look if your up in Dublin.
But as the lads say, you cant beat buying from a club member when you get to meet the owner and know some or all of the cars history :thumbsup: :subaru:

At the moment your probably goin to get a better deal in UK even with VRT,for alot of 03-04 cars over hear you probably get a 05-06 in the UK for same money with better spec and history.

that car along time there you should offer him alot less than what he looking for it...... i rang about that car an awful long time ago but was big money then...

if i was you there is some mint cars for sale on here that where i would be looking....

[quote author=dp639 link=topic=14167.msg175170#msg175170 date=1239020964]
Hi all,
Does anyone know anything about this car? http://www.carzone.ie/search/Subaru/Impreza/2.0-WRX-/200815188499440/advert

Haven't been in a showroom for a couple of years so wondering what you could expect them to accept for cash/bank draft there and then. I've a couple more months of saving to do but come May/June if this car is still around I might go take a look.

Anyone ever dealt with this crowd before? I've always bought in the UK but VRT prices for 2005 STI's and OMSP's are ridiculously high (up in the high 20's)and just about absorbs any savings to be made.

Cheers
DP.
[/quote] i looked at this car i was told it was one owner, got it checked and it had a few owners down the country so left it

The car pete posted is very low milage and garaged 24 7. She hasn't a scratch on her and has the full prodrive pack including the Suspension and power pack. It's owned by Stephen (a club member). I know the car since he got it and it really is mint. Has to be seen to be appreciated.

You would get a great deal from the UK though.

Thanks for all the replies, I agree about buying from a club member, at least you know what you are buying. If Stephen still has the car in a couple of months I'll give him a buzz, but for the moment I'll not go near it as I'm not ready for it yet and it'll be even more difficult to wait.

Don't like to hear lies about a cars history, if the sales man said 1 owner and there were a number of owners, what else does he not know about the car!

Only thing about buying in the UK at the moment is the 36% VRT rate, and OMSP price the VRT site has for 2005 STI's is 28ish grand so that works out at 10k VRT, add that to your 10k sterling to buy and it brings it right up to 20k. I'll just need to do the maths properly, I've always bought cars in from the north, we bought a Landcuiser last year, before the VRT hike and saved a shed load and an A4 before that.

Is Stephen a member of this site? whats his username, might PM him.

Thanks again
Darren.

The OMSP can be challenged & has been successful on numerous occasions.

A friend of a friend brought in a fully loaded Saab last year & managed to get a quote for considerably less than their OMSP after showing proof that garages here were selling for much less.

Although I've never heard of any lads on here doing this surely with the way the car market has slumped there would be plenty of room to negotiate with the vrt man, even on subarus :ponder2:

I dont know if you would be able to negotiate with the vrt esp in this day in age, its a good money spinner for them :dontknow:

Back