02 golf

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
hello , ok looking a bit of advice for a mate . recently his 02 golf decided to have a engine failure (not sure of cause , but it was terminal ) so far to my recolection he has had two options offered to him . sell the car for scrap for €650 or try and rebuild the engine for approx €1600 . jus looking a bit of advice from some of the more knowledgeable on here to try and get him out of the hole he has found himself in .

thanks in advance for any advice :thumbsup:

what size engine ross??
petrol or diesel???
defo get an engine off traynors up north...fitted them more times then i care to remember when i was younger!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@ marko its a 1.4 petrol

roughly how much is an engine off traynors cost + how much for your good self to fit (if it might intrest you )

jus to give him some guidelines

@ dan new car is not an option ,unless your mate would do a straight swap :icon_biggrin:......didnt think so !! lol

same engine that was in my missus leon & it sh1t itself too.

timing belt snapped even though it was within its time/mileage. Ciaran found out afterwards that there was a dodgy batch made at some time & had a history.

from my experience there was another hundred things wrong with the car anyway so if your mate is the same I'd be suggesting he scraps it.

Back