Hawk sti wanted

I have that beautiful blob for sale there man should have a look it's on the for sale section serious service history an everything with her

Can't remember the last time I seen one for sale .

Very few on irish plates ..

Wonder what ones worth

Ye it's been a while since I seen one, lads were looking around the 13-14k mark last year so you wouldn't know

I have that beautiful blob for sale there man should have a look it's on the for sale section serious service history an everything with her

Lovely car looks great in the pictures, I'll hold out for a while have my heart set on a hawk glwts

Ye it's been a while since I seen one, lads were looking around the 13-14k mark last year so you wouldn't know

Had an offer considerably better than that on my own car few months ago but she ain't for sale .

I'd say you might end up spending more than your thinking .

It would overall depend on the norms.

Condition

Mileage

Crash repair

Spray work and why

The obvious head gasket risk with 2.5's

And calculate from there really

Had an offer considerably better than that on my own car few months ago but she ain't for sale .

I'd say you might end up spending more than your thinking .

That's kind of the problem I have, there has been nothing for sale to gauge the market value, I'd love to avoid having to go to the UK

Prices in the UK have gone up considerably from 2-3 years ago and a really clean '07 Hawk STI in the UK will set you back about £11-12k... so with the current exchange rate at about 1.42 that makes €15-17k... at that point the tax man hands you a family-sized jar of Vaseline and before you know it between the jigs and the reels you are looking at €19-22k landed on the road here... and that is before a map to run our sh*t fuel etc.

An '06 might be got for a little less, but not a whole lot less...

Off and on have been toying with selling my Hawk over the past 18 months or so due to work circumstances.
Early 2014 I couldn't get better than bids of 11-13k... last bid I got from someone was 17k during the summer.
Was a little tempted at first by the 17k bid, but realistically I cannot replace the car at that money - not a clean, 1 previous owner car with low miles and a few tasty mods... to replace it now or in a year would cost me upwards of 25k including the mods - so the maths don't stack up to sell if I still want to have one once I find a job again.

That's my story - and probably similar for others with an STI Hawk... even though the market is much stronger today then say last year, it just doesn't make sense to sell unless you were getting out of owning a Scooby altogether.

Good luck with the search Keith.

Thanks for the advice, the search goes on, will probably look at the UK for an 06 hawk, but the sterling is shocking and then vrt : (

Prices in the UK have gone up considerably from 2-3 years ago and a really clean '07 Hawk STI in the UK will set you back about £11-12k... so with the current exchange rate at about 1.42 that makes €15-17k... at that point the tax man hands you a family-sized jar of Vaseline and before you know it between the jigs and the reels you are looking at €19-22k landed on the road here... and that is before a map to run our sh*t fuel etc.

An '06 might be got for a little less, but not a whole lot less...

Off and on have been toying with selling my Hawk over the past 18 months or so due to work circumstances.
Early 2014 I couldn't get better than bids of 11-13k... last bid I got from someone was 17k during the summer.
Was a little tempted at first by the 17k bid, but realistically I cannot replace the car at that money - not a clean, 1 previous owner car with low miles and a few tasty mods... to replace it now or in a year would cost me upwards of 25k including the mods - so the maths don't stack up to sell if I still want to have one once I find a job again.

That's my story - and probably similar for others with an STI Hawk... even though the market is much stronger today then say last year, it just doesn't make sense to sell unless you were getting out of owning a Scooby altogether.

Good luck with the search Keith.

As usual a savage answer ????

Attachments

• CRW_7374.jpg
    CRW_7374.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 94
  • CRW_7380.jpg
    CRW_7380.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 89
At 17k, you could have nearly replaced it with an M5 of the same year. You should've swallowed his arm whole when he waved that money in front of you, ha!

Not that'd you'd be able to run an M5 if you can't run the Subaru but I think I'd prefer to have the M5 sitting there:icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• CRW_7379.jpg
    CRW_7379.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 89
  • CRW_7384.jpg
    CRW_7384.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 85
  • CRW_7385.jpg
    CRW_7385.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 86
I've done the big barges when I lived abroad...

Roads where I live really not suited to them, and nothing comes close to an STI for where I live now.

Another thing... don't think that a big German barge, albeit with plenty power, would get under your skin as much as a Scooby does.

The one Beemer that did get under my skin was a 1999 Z3 M Coupe (M3 engine Z3 with fixed metal roof) a friend owned... savage car with a heart and wouldn't mind one of them in the stable.

I hear you about 17k being ok in today's Irish market - especial if you hold up against the market over the past few years... however, if you cannot replace it at or near that money then what's the point of selling unless you no longer want to own one (ever)?

Attachments

• CRW_7395.jpg
    CRW_7395.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 78
  • CRW_7392.jpg
    CRW_7392.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 79
  • CRW_7396.jpg
    CRW_7396.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 79
  • CRW_7397.jpg
    CRW_7397.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 75
I had 17+ offered but when I thought about it in much the same way as Charles did I couldn't buy another one for the money. Factor in buying a simular car in UK so 64 k miles one previous owner , do the internals (a must imo),map her and do the cosmetic bits to have it looking tidy and wheels suspension and brakes etc your well up on 25k I'd reckon . I know mine is off the road until next year after the wedding and selling up would have paid for alot of that but even she said no point selling because I'd only be looking to get back into one in few months anyway .

Back