NCT Failure Tonight - Emissions

swordsman

Petrolheads
My 1999 RSK B4 just failed the NCT on emissions only.

Low idle 0.3% CO is a pass - I got 1.32% - very high NCT man says.
High idle 0.3% Co is a pass - I got 0.11 and passed on this one.

Advice?
The car not modded at all.
It had a tank of 99 RON E5 in it but no boost (deliberately).
Would 95 RON for the test get her through?
Lambda was ok

Theres a fuel additive u can get that will clean up ur emissions so u can fly the test, few of the other lads have used it. i cant remeber what its called though. im sure some one on here does though

Diptane (not sure of spelling) is what you need mate of mine had his car fail on emissions too put some of this stuff in and flew through following time :thumbsup:

that sounds like an o2 sensor or an air leak in the exhaust sysem but prob an o2 sensor when it passed the high idle

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=9157.msg108680#msg108680 date=1219877469]
How much is an emmissions retest?

[/quote]

Full wack I think mate, because you have to use the equipment again...

it could be a multipule of reasons, if the lambda is out it more than likely air in your system, if not i know on other make of cars if the throttle body is dirty it can be open a couple of thuo and can through the emmissions all over the place, or worst case your cat might be burnt out.

oxygen sensor, whats that?
how much to fix?
i tink the catalitic converter is ok beacuse it passed the high idel emissions test

its a retest at 26 euro if done within 1 month otherwise full fee again

a few more ideas from reading old threads...

1. the car is due her serivce and the idle was a bit uneven - so hopefully the service will help

2. i'm also going to try a fuel line cleaner (dithane or pro tek)

3. and an engine cleaner sprayed into the air filter

any thoughts anyone

Diptane is a good idea, pour half a bottle into a full tank, go for a ten min spin before you bring it in for the test.
I got the Lamda sensor replaced before it went in to. Hope you pass. :subaru:

As Murto said Kevin, Some diptane and a bit of a spin. Make sure the engine is nice and warm going in. :thumbsup:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=9157.msg108741#msg108741 date=1219914594]
I think its only half the full price for a retest.
[/quote]
yeah its only half the price

mine passed on 95...was borderline though

its i con job i think, i went with my96 wrx and it failed emissions, i got nothing done, put nothing in the tank and took it back and passed with flying colours.

Back