Left front wheel smashed

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics

so today I had an accident, on a roundabound in Swords on the way up to Ballbrigan.

My whole front wheel is gone, the wheel itself and the shoulder holding it is all bent and cracked and gone.

So my question is, where can I get genuine parts, new/used, for MY07 impreza? Are those parts the same ones as on WRX? I will add some really bad quality pictures now from when that happened, and will provide some more with more details later tomorrow as I will take pictures from garage...

Pictures

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417978722594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978722594.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417978734071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978734071.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417978742647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978742647.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417978750476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978750476.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417978722594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978722594.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417978734071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978734071.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417978742647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978742647.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417978750476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417978750476.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 34
Ouch, sorry to hear...
The disc, caliper and spring are the only usable parts left..
New shock, knuckle, bearing, wishbone, possible tie rod/ track rod end.
Fit that and check wheel alignment, if caster angle is ok then that's it

Sorry to hear man :doh: as above wishbone and shock probley worst parts should be easy got. Dave in rsr should have something

Thanks, thats pretty much what I was expecting, I have already ordered new wheel, as the old one is completely shattered...

I will see tomorrow whats left and can be used, but I am afraid that except for the breaking system, there will be everything gone.

Just one question, I have noticed, that the power steering rod was bent as well, will I need to replace the whole system, or just one side(the damaged one) should be sufficient?

I will try to get some of the day off tomorrow and lift the car up, remove the wheel and take proper pictures of whats damaged. I hope Dave will have the spare parts for me, once I get the spare parts, it should not be a problem just replacing it... but well, its gonna be well spent xmas holidays...:(

Now to what happened, driving back home from ballbriggan, went with my missus for sunday lunch there, and the roundabout at the petrol station ACTIVE 24 is extremely slippery, I knew my tyres were bad and slipery, but didnt expect this, I wasnt even speeding, was doing 40 when I got to the roundabout, probably slower as I was going through, suddenly felt like steering wheel got smooth and stopped responding, lucky there were no other cars. Cops were there, they asked if everyone is ok, and if my insurance is going to get me towed, I said yes and called the towing guy from Rush. Got towed for 100e but not reporting this to insurance company, as I would lose my NCB and was probably even more pricey for me than if I just replace the parts myself. Them cops said, that its nearly every week that someone there hits the kerb, and same thing I was told by the guy from Towing company... they could at least mark this roundabout:(

Sometimes good tyres dont even save you but give you the best chance. Hopefully not as bad as expected. Depending on what part is bent You can replace the outer tie rod.

Outer and inner tie rod for price be new.

And wishbone second hand be fine.

Shock and hub may have survived fine.

Just replace the damaged side
@scrawnbawn understeer happens in every car, 4wd or not

Sorry to see man.

@scrawn bawn - that's some statement. Awd will still understeer is slippery conditions, and bad tyres will not help.

Awd is the worst for understeer, that's why ya lift off, it gets the back loose so ya can turn in and it loads the front tyres.
@zhieko sorry to see this man but should be an easy fix

Thanks guys!

Dave, could you give me estimate for those parts I need, just wild guess what should I prepare for?

sorry to see your car gettin a shunt , nevr a nice experience . hope you get sorted asap .

i may be WAY off here , but has anyone noticed how slippery wet roundabouts actually are , to the point where i dont think the same tarmac is used on main roads . espicially on the newer roads . maybe in my head, but i have my suspicions

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=43449.msg498889#msg498889 date=1417987050]
sorry to see your car gettin a shunt , nevr a nice experience . hope you get sorted asap .

i may be WAY off here , but has anyone noticed how slippery wet roundabouts actually are , to the point where i dont think the same tarmac is used on main roads . espicially on the newer roads . maybe in my head, but i have my suspicions
[/quote]

as I was walking around this roundabout after it happened, I noticed that it was slippery even for my shoes... there might be a bit of frost on it already, but mostly, there was a lot of the mess that falls down from trees, that is slippery...:(

Its still mainly my fault, coz I should have reacted differently, plus I should expect it and go slower...:(

It's a acident man don't beat yourself up know it's easy for me to say but no one hurt the car can be mended

Ciaran WRX

Back