6 speed??

daly.88

Sunday Drivers
i no this is purely stupid question the scooby is fare hard on juice i new this before i bought it but was just wondering would a six speed would make it any easier?!

Keep the 3 grand and spend it on petrol

But really the answer is NO

Can be done lot cheaper then that retaining current rear diff etc.

But if doing from a mpg situation. That be insane

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=40217.msg458113#msg458113 date=1388664826]
buy a diesel if your worried about mpg :whistle: :icon_biggrin:
[/quote]

X2

im not looking for 40 50 miles to gallon i was just wondering would a extra a extra gear take the harshness of it i new it would be thirsty before i bought it was a simple question wasn giving out so no need to buy diesel no in fairness

Fair enough question. But it will cost you more than it saves. If your gearbox was knackered it might make more sense. Anything is possible. It just comes down to. Is it worth it? Only you can awnser this. :ponder2:

i find little mpg difference between 5 and 6 speed, the major advantage and the reason i changed to 6 speed is on long journeys especially if you have loud exhaust is that the rpms at cruising speed are at lot less and the noise does not drive you demented this is especially the case in jdm 5 speeds, UK 5 speeds have longer 5th

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=40217.msg458085#msg458085 date=1388622582]
Keep the 3 grand and spend it on petrol

But really the answer is NO
[/quote]

:falldownlaugh: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=40217.msg458281#msg458281 date=1388786960]
I'm getting better mpg in the STI than I ever did in the DC5. Fookin savage!
[/quote]

really? How bad was the DC5??? How much to fill the DC5 and how many miles would a full tank do? Would have thought it was the other way round!!!

The cat is still in the downpipe so I haven't had the shoe in much but last fill with a bottle of Lucas I got 610km with just under 1/4 a tank left.

I never got 600 in the DC5 even with the cat in.

Jesus id be doing well to get 400km to a tank!!!!! 600km out of just over 3/4 of a tank, thats practically diesel territory!!!!

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=40217.msg458286#msg458286 date=1388787610]
The cat is still in the downpipe so I haven't had the shoe in much but last fill with a bottle of Lucas I got 610km with just under 1/4 a tank left.

I never got 600 in the DC5 even with the cat in.
[/quote]
and you want to change ecu and turbo etc ,jesus man the best iv ever seen in mine was about 550 with the cat in and only motorway driving at the speed limit on the way to the ring

Back