HELP: 2007 STI 4DR Statistical Code

Keadeen

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone on the forum have a 2007 Hawkeye STI 4 door saloon?

If you do could you check the log book and see what it says regarding the statistical code and also how many seats it says it has.

Have a big issue with NCT trying to get the VRT sorted. Went in for assessment last Friday. All good got assessed as STI UK TYPE 4DR, was given quote. Went in to pay today and now there is a different girl who has decided that it is not an STI 4dr as per the previous quote because the UK v5 says it seats 5 people (2 in front, 3 on back seat), but the Revenue VRT site says it only seat 4 people. As a result she doesn't want to accept payment and says that all Imprezas in her system show to be 4 seaters if they are 4 door instead of 5 seaters and hence a "custom" (read MUCH dearer) quote needs to be made by Revenue before I can import the car. Very annoyed as this is not rocket science. Any help you guys and gals can give with show evidence of info on Irish vehicle cert / log book for 06-07 4dr STI would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Charles

ps glad to be back in an STI after a JCW MINI and A4 3.0Tdi :yellowthumb:

I have a V5 logbook copy at home. it is for a jdm 06 hawk sti. I will have a look later and pm you a copy if you like.

What a fucking moron :doh:

Does your V5 not clearly state its a STi Type UK? They are required to work off the official document belonging to the car in question (v5).

I don't suppose you asked for her supervisor?

Thanks lads for the replies so far. Any evidence on what it says on Irish logbooks for similar car would be helpful! Specifically if someone has the exact statistical code for a 2.5L 2007 STI UK Type 4 door printed on their logbook and showing the number of seats / passengers the car is allowed to carry.

The girl today was rude and uncooperative. Explained and showed it was a normal 4 door saloon car which can seat 3 people in the rear plus 2 in the front = 5 in total like pretty much every other saloon. Explained her colleague the week before didn't share her concerns. And all this time I smiled and was pleasant despite her being uncourteous and snappy (probably need about 2hrs of meditation or a blast across the Gap to balance the mental effort that took). :argh:

Basically she was not budging because her computer, with info supplied by the Revenue people, told her it only seats 4 - and the Revenue is never wrong - and if the system doesn't show the same as the v5 of physical evidence you need to submit for a custom quote. Which, she added, usually works out a bit dearer, but there you have it I can't accept payment if the computer says A and your are showing me B. Suggested she clear it as a 4 seater then, but no, that would be breaking the law and dishonest. Fact that all 4 doors from 2000-2008 are the same with regards seating arrangements and chassis made no impression on her. :wall:

No point asking for a supervisor, as she is dedicated to VRT only and doesn't answer to the NCT super.

They moved the VRT thing off to the Applus NCT people, using the argument that the local County Council people didn't know enough about cars... well, I imported plenty of cars since the mid 90s and never an issue with the Council.

Have a 2006 sti , will check what it is written on it after the Dinner is consumed :yellowthumb:

pretty sure it says 5 but i'll check

Have a 05 import originally registered in the UK as a 5 seater 4 door. Has 5 seats listed on the UK cert. Haven't got the irish cert here, its up with the car in storage but can check it tomorrow if no1 else has gotten there first :thumbsup:

Sounds like she was just a pure cnut, there's quite a few of them knocking around :jack:

yup as i thought ,

(S.1) Number of Seats 5

is the statistical code same as type approval

if so its E1*98/14*0145*10 ,

Checked there now and both V5 and Irish logbook both say 5 seats.
Statistical code is just 15 zeros or O's.
Seems like its not relevant,but yer wan is a Hitler for details as she can't think for herself. :argh:

[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=37833.msg433670#msg433670 date=1367523724]
Checked there now and both V5 and Irish logbook both say 5 seats.
Statistical code is just 15 zeros or O's.
Seems like its not relevant,but yer wan is a Hitler for details as she can't think for herself. :argh:

[/quote]

apparently statistical code is an 8 digit number which i dont see anywhere on the log , but agree yer one is an idiot , what difference would it possibly make to the vrt rate ,

Hi folks, thanks for the replies so far.

Just to clarify: The issue is that the 2.5L 2007 STI Type UK has a statistical code of 41685824. This is shown on the ROS VRT calculator and what the NCT VRT people see too. However, in their system (cannot see this online) it says that this car only has 4 seats and can only carry 4 people as such.

The UK v5 book says 5, the car clearly can carry 5. So the girl decided that my car cannot be a 2.5L STI UK Type, despite it saying this on the UK v5, with that statistical code because the computer says 4 seats and the physical evidence (read car) and UK documentation show 5 seats. I explained that clearly is a computer database entry error as there is only one kind of 4 door 2457cc STI UK Type and she is looking at it. Instead of fixing the computer entry, or ignoring it and clearing the car, she insisted that it now needs to go for a custom quote as it car for which there is no statistical code. She informed me that mostly when this happens there is an additional cost.

The ironic thing of course is that the previous girl who helped me (very nice and helpful) saw no issue and gave me a quote no bother.

Will now have to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday now for the new quote and see what it says. If similar all good and well, but going by what she told me it might well be a lot dearer and then I would need to see what can be done about it. Obviously being able to show some evidence of 2.5L STI UK Type hawkeyes already on IE registrations might help build a case for appeal to the Revenue people.

I wouldn't overly worry. They had to make a code up for mine also despite several others already being in the country. The new quote was actually much lower. :banana:

Just a quick update now that she is on Irish plates:

Got text and email on Tuesday from NCT people to say my custom VRT quote was in and to ring them.
I did, all was in order and price was the same as before the custom quote.
The missus went in for me with the bankdraft yesterday to pay... and guess what... couldn't clear it!

The girl put in a custom quote for the SAME info as already in the computer system which stopped her from clearing it the first time round (requested '07 Impreza STI UK Type 4dr with 4 seats).
She said she had to put in another custom quote request... and that she would try to get it wrapped up in the day, but as she was not in for a week it could be next week or the week after. The missus was not too impressed as one can imagine.

I rang the NCT/VRT headoffice to complain and see if anything could be done to speed things up seeing we now called in 3 times already to clear the car.
After a couple of hours they rang back to say we could come in again with the draft and they could clear it - yep 4th visit to Carlow, 2nd visit that day (30 minutes drive each way from home)... but there you have it... She's on Irish plates! :icon_grin:

Thanks for the comments and help everyone.

Great result

Still some idiots working in our vrt offices.

Back