help please on 01 bugeye

GORDON GT SERIES II

Club Treasurer
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
as above guys i need some help with this if anyone can shed some light,i had just pulled away from the house accelerated a bit and the car cut out,now it wont start does anyone know if they give any problems with electrics as in sensors etc
any help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:
what i should have wrote above was the engine will run for a few seconds and cut out the pump is priming and cam and crank sensore are connected fine any ideas ?

ive checked all fuses all ok it will run fine and sounds ok for a couple of seconds dave then just cuts out

Sorry to hear Gordon... I'm sure it's nothing serious. Have you connected the 2 small block connectors under the steering column to get an engine code to flash up on dash?

not yet jamie is it done the same as the classics,still 2 green and black wires,ah its just a stupid little problem hopefully its not the immobiliser :icon_mad:

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=31817.msg365155#msg365155 date=1317589416]
im not sure deec the check light isnt coming on do you check the codes the same as the classic
[/quote]
may be some pending codes in it i have a code reader if ya want a loan of it ,and no you cant check them like classics no plugs under the dash all new age cars are obd 16 pin plug

cheers dec i might just take ya up on that the light isnt coming on you could only read a code if the light was on couldnt you ?

no man there are two types of code in an odb ecu one is a pending code this is a code that has not been confirmed by the ecu as a problem i.e. it has not happened on more than three drive cycles,then the other is a generic code this is a code that has been confirmed by the ecu as being a problem and will put the light on .reader is there any time ya want it man :thumbsup:

Ah bugger... Thought they where the same as classics. It won't run at all if it's the OEM alarm causing trouble. Have you disconnected the maf to see if it'll run??

@ dec cheers you're a true gent cheers i just sorted it thank god
@ jamie done exactly that and off she went poxy fooker

i had to replace mine after a short while with car too ,only advise ill give ya is buy a genuine one i bought a spurious one and replaced it three times in a month so got my money back and bought genuine its expensive but worth it

sorry to jack thread but
never had to replace the maf on my car yet
are they something you replace by mileage or age ?

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=31817.msg365177#msg365177 date=1317593258]
sorry to jack thread but
never had to replace the maf on my car yet
are they something you replace by mileage or age ?

[/quote]no colm no need unless it gives trouble :thumbsup:

Back