Steering pulling to the left

marksscooby

Petrolheads
Hello all

My car has a problem of pulling to the left, what would cause this? It was like this before i got the nct done and it passed fine. I have new coilovers with whiteline front arb and droplinks. I got the tracking done a couple of weeks ago along with camber setup properly and its still pulling to the left :wall:

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

tyres worn alot more on one side than the other maybe.. i just put temp tyres on the front for a few days until my new come tmr..

Steering was dead center, but the steering wheel about 5% off to the right and its now pulling alot to the right.. front left tyre has no threads really and front right is only ok..

so i guess thats whats causing it for me, will know tmr when Eagle F1's go on the front :))

I had this in the legacy ....

Steering was pulling wicked to the left , and i thought tracking must be off ... so i got it tracked , and when driving home form the tyre centre i could still feel the pull to the left ...
So after a couple more weeks i had to replace the front tyres anyway and put new ones on, and lo and behold the steering was now straight as a die ..
to say i was a happy tent dwelling person , would be an understatement

The tyres i got with the alloys were new and i have only done about 250 miles on them. I dont drive the car much. tyre wear is same on both sides :ponder2:

as said above move back to front and see if its the same, that will rule out your tyres and wheels..

Mine was the same, had it all tracked, lazered and checked 3 times, and still pulled to the left.
I swapped all wheels front to rear and was the same...... :ponder2:

I was told it was the roads and the big wheels make it more noticeable because all roads are HIGHER in the middle for rain to drain off. :dontknow:

But i figured it was the hub and cv joint cos they burst on mine and i changed it, but they sent the right parts, but they were the wrong parts.
and the mechanic (modified) something. :ponder2: no one else could find anything wrong with it.

did you notice the differnce straight after the tyres were changed? cos with me it was so i know its the sh*t tyres that are on now!

if it was after the tracking.. i would go get someone else to look at it..i got a bad tracking job done on one of old car, it can happen.

It was still the same after i got it tracked and laser alignment. My brother got his car done at the same place and the steering is fine.

It pulled to the left more when i went to the 18 inch wheels :ponder:

new eagle F1's put on the front this morning :) my steering problems gone and everything back to normal.. so was the sh*t tyres that was causing it for me.

something must be worn..bushings, etc etc etc

have you tested it a good flat surface road? i have 18" on mine and she will pull every direction on the normal roads, i get to cork road and you can let go the steering and it will stay going straight.

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=24750.msg293217#msg293217 date=1278068485]
something must be worn..bushings, etc etc etc

have you tested it a good flat surface road? i have 18" on mine and she will pull every direction on the normal roads, i get to cork road and you can let go the steering and it will stay going straight.

[/quote]

I tested it on the main road and its still the same... I will get it checked soon incase something is worn :thumbsup:

better off, cos it will wreck your head cos you will be thinkin about it all the time once you sit in that car..

let us know how you get on!

Back