flat spots with decat downpipe

J

jonny

just fitted a decat downpipe to 03 sti type uk definatly better accleration but a lot of flat spots in high gears with low revs is there anything else we can do instead of remapping cheers :thumbsup:

doubt it, your probably getting boost spikes, i wouldnt drive it on boost until you get it mapped. :icon_redface:

[quote author=fenster link=topic=13293.msg164057#msg164057 date=1236104532]
Wasnt aware of a fuel difference between here and UK
[/quote]

same thing would happen on Uk fuel :thumbsup:

you are getting over boost, this is causing ecu to do what its programed to do by factory, it fuel cuts to stop boost riseing more, only thing is this is very bad news for engine and pistons, you have to map or maybe ypou mite get away with a dawes device or bleed off valve, but this is a shiity way of solving problem, you aint getting half the benefit from decat till car is mapped, then maybe you will be running more boost, and watch her go then. I think you are 3rd or 4th person in last month to have this problem. In order for you to run more boost than factory safety setting, a mapper will have to raise to threshold but dont think they ever remove the fuel cut feature, just incase something goes wrong, like a vacum pipe coming off or wastegate problem etc, and there is no control over boost... Map the btch :thumbsup:

cheers lads the check engine light came on this evening and my buddy has a delphi diagnostic computer its said the fault was catalast flow insufficant and when we checked live data and it said 02 sensor lean any ideas and who would be the best and fastest to map the car in a hurry for mondello on the 17th :ponder2:

Mine does it too in 5th and 6th at about 3500 rpm its just a little flat then off it goes again,
its always done it and no probs with engine at all.

say your pistons could have a few blisters on them now :wall: i rekon that this is often the reason why scoobys have bad engine failure rep,

As above, i know a chap who after buying an sti, i said to him to get it mapped before putting the boot down,
unfortunately it fell on deaf ears and needless to say he is currently getting a 3rd engine fitted, i think he's going to get it mapped this time :clap:

thats the exact same feels like its comin on boost around 3500 rpm goes flat for a second then power goes smoothly up only happens in high gears from low rpm sometimes it pops and farts though what have you done to yours fenster cheers

well i dont get it farting!! Only thing done is de cat downpipe , its a jap and no its not mapped but only ever runs on E5

im still trying to get my fuel right aswell no e5 here in galway do you notice a difference when running it on e5 and normal unleaded with the decat. was the decat in it after japan or before

back to the drawing board cheers lads any more info or quick fixs :hammerhead:

Talk to the traders but i have had different people in the game tell me different things about mapping most say no need on a new age

Back