Idle Problem?

daveR

Petrolheads
When the scooby is ildeing,out of gear,it seams to ''jump'' and ''jerk'' a bit!The revs stay down and it happens when the car is both warm and cold.
It only started doing this last week and it's highly annoying!

Its a 99 Impreza RX.

Anyone any ideas?

:thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=11958.msg144328#msg144328 date=1231959471]
how much of a jump and drop in revs???
:ponder2: :ponder2:
[/quote]

Absolutally none!

Well...............Dave; i told you all that action
in the back seat of your scooby , couldn't be doing her any good......(her, of course been the car :wink:)

Niall.

I've seen a similar problems with a clio, Someone said too me throttle bodies but i didn't think so, But it turned out too be just the battery on its way out, New battery and wasn't a problem after that, i realise its completely different cars and stuff but could be worth a check. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=11958.msg144548#msg144548 date=1232016868]
Well...............Dave; i told you all that action
in the back seat of your scooby , couldn't be doing her any good......(her, of course been the car :wink:)

Niall.

[/quote]

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :lol:

Thanks lads ill check everything ye mentioned above :thumbsup:

i had a problem with the revs when idling

it would go upto 1200 and drop to 500 and then cut out

i got the maf changed and there was no problems after that

yea iv the same problem , its the maf sensor id say, is it eating more juice than normal ?? under performing??

[quote author=legman link=topic=11958.msg145061#msg145061 date=1232125476]
is it eating more juice than normal ?? under performing??
[/quote]

Yap and yap!

What should i expect to pay for a new MAF lads?

MAF senor and lambda sensor throw up the same problems.

But normally its symptoms are: Rough Idle (Up and Down), chugging through out the revs, Higher than normal fuel consumption.

Try cleaning everything before spendin money, check vacuum hoses, check block connectors.

Best of luck mate

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=11958.msg146266#msg146266 date=1232417857]

But normally its symptoms are: Rough Idle (Up and Down), chugging through out the revs, Higher than normal fuel consumption.

Try cleaning everything before spendin money, check vacuum hoses, check block connectors.

Best of luck mate
[/quote]

Thanks lad!some karma for you :thumbsup:

[quote author=daveR link=topic=11958.msg146456#msg146456 date=1232470404]
[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=11958.msg146266#msg146266 date=1232417857]

Best of luck mate
[/quote]

Thanks lad!some karma for you :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, I only bought a new MAF Sensor recently, C+R wanted €480 but got a new genuine maf sensor from a website in england for €280, also bought a new lambda senor, C+R wanted €270, got it from the US for €75

If ya need anythin sure drop us a line
[/quote]

Got the car diagnosed today and showed no faults :wall: :wall: :wall:

Emmisions test coming monday!

Pi$$ing me off now.

Back