WRX newage suspension

beatreality

Hi all,

Just bought a forester XT to play about with. Looking to get a takeoff WRX suspension onto her, ideally from an estate, but saloon I can work with also

Anyone got anything lying about?

Thanks
David

Sti is way better suspension mine has 2004 blobeye Sti struts springs and mounts you should look for that instead , Wrx suspension is a bit sh*t IMG-20190729-WA0007.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG-20190729-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190729-WA0007.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 79
You would be surprised at the cost second hand. Not that expensive

Put a post up in the wanted section of the for sale part of this forum and someone might have fitted coilovers

If you search MB developments in UK, he prob will have set, breaks alot of of new age sti's

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I got STI suspension for my blob WRX, I'll prob be fitting them over the next week or that way so the WRX set up will be available if needed, not sure if I'll have the rear struts tho as I think there's the common knock at the rear of the STI struts

I have a set of teins here for sale they were on a 5x114.3 car but I think you can redrill the holes to suit 5x100 does any one know if it can be done.

I got STI suspension for my blob WRX, I'll prob be fitting them over the next week or that way so the WRX set up will be available if needed, not sure if I'll have the rear struts tho as I think there's the common knock at the rear of the STI struts

Thanks Eoin,

I'ld be interested even without the rear struts. Would you be including the top hats. Let me know when you've done the swap

Thanks
David

top mounting holes are the same Paul but different where it bolts to the hub from. 5x114-5x100 . The rears all bind on new age cars because the shock doesn?t sit straight so it binds on the side but if you grease them up there fine as there Shock is perfect just sticking a bit :thumbsup:

I will indeed man I'll let you know

@joe
Is that a permanent fix to the knock then or...? Didn't realise that all it was

Ah sure happy days, I'll just motor on so with them

Would it be advisable to just rip them all apart and grease them all up before fitting?

Not really going to work as they don?t run dry or anything it?s just all the pressure is on 1 dive of the shock so it stick a bit and you get a clunk when it releases some lads put grease nipples in to solve it but I wouldn?t go drilling pink Sti shocks :thumbsup: standard ones I would :thumbsup:

Back