would you buy it

@ Frawls!
Good stuff spotting the Preproduction EVO :clap:
Dan

Cheers Dan. Maybe it's the sceptic in me but I still think the new WRC Impreza will struggle against the C4 WRC as Citroen's budget is almost twice that of Subaru and they have a living legend behind the wheel :dunno:

Granted, all the ingredients are now present for a seriously competitive car and god knows its about time Subaru opened a can of whoop ass on Ford and Citroen :shoot:

I have to say I really like the new EVO X and FQ versions will be seriously quick. I had dice with a gray EVO V/VI (it was getting dark!) outside New Ross a few weeks ago and I have to say it was savagely quick. I was two up with a boot full of suitcases and wine and he was on his own so he had a fair weight advantage but even so I was surprised at how quick it was. It didnt help that I left my car in 5th for the first sprint but I tried 4th the second time around and things were much better but in the end I let him off as it was dark, damp and I wasn't familiar with the road. I would like to know what mods he'd done though :shock:

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=4816.msg53838#msg53838 date=1200069264]
I was two up with a boot full of suitcases and wine and he was on his own so he had a fair weight advantage but even so I was surprised at how quick it was. It didnt help that I left my car in 5th for the first sprint but I tried 4th the second time around and things were much better but in the end I let him off as it was dark, damp and I wasn't familiar with the road. I would like to know what mods he'd done though :shock:

Frawls
[/quote]

so you might aswell of been cycling backwards on 19th century pennyfarthing with a pig under one arm.

[quote author=kbox link=topic=4816.msg52648#msg52648 date=1199736111]
I saw a new lancer today. Wasnt impressed with it at all.
[/quote]

I saw one a couple of weeks back, Very Futuristic! :noway:

the new sti WILL struggle against ford and citroen, there is nothing as sure, its a totally new car, hopefully in 2/3 years they will have things right

:thumbsup:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4816.msg53846#msg53846 date=1200070339]
[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=4816.msg53838#msg53838 date=1200069264]
I was two up with a boot full of suitcases and wine and he was on his own so he had a fair weight advantage but even so I was surprised at how quick it was. It didnt help that I left my car in 5th for the first sprint but I tried 4th the second time around and things were much better but in the end I let him off as it was dark, damp and I wasn't familiar with the road. I would like to know what mods he'd done though :shock:

Frawls
[/quote]

so you might aswell of been cycling backwards on 19th century pennyfarthing with a pig under one arm.
[/quote]

Dont forget whistling Dixie and waving goodbye with the other arm!

Seriously though it was an animal but I would have loved to have a proper go at him from 3rd gear on a long straight in daylight minus my passenger and full boot. He'd still have won though but not by as much as you'd think.

I'll watch out for the boys in blue along that straight next time I'm going to Blaa.

Frawls

Back