WORN TRACK TYRES OR SIMILAR

smicklywrx

Middle Lane Hogs
As above lads looking for 2nd hand intermediates or track tyres for my 17" wheels, im doing a track day in the first week of may, not looking to spend big money im looking of something to last me one trackday and they wont be hard laps as its me and the woman doing it. I have nangkans on it and they wont be any use

Might not be any use to you I've 2 pirelli rally slicks there you can have for e50. They'd be good for 1, maybe 2 trackdays but obviously you would need another 2 rally slicks the same size.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=37538.msg430320#msg430320 date=1365062038]
Might not be any use to you I've 2 pirelli rally slicks there you can have for e50. They'd be good for 1, maybe 2 trackdays but obviously you would need another 2 rally slicks the same size.
[/quote]Cheers lad, are they grooved or just pure slicks, il prob take them anyway thanks lad, is that 50 for the lot and I hope its not wet loo. Its easier to get 2 rather than 4

[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=37538.msg430328#msg430328 date=1365063936]
If your not pushing it, road tyres are fine. Actually teaches you the limits of your car on the road. I would burn the Nankangs on the track and get a better set for the road. Or go partworn road tyres from a guy like this below. Too much grip can cause oil starvation to the engine unless an oil sump baffle is fitted and also extra stress for the suspension etc.

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/part-worn-tyres/2167936
[/quote]I was thinking that alri, but I will be pushing it at times tbh and want to go around the bend rather than straight (understeer) haha, I have a baffled sump in her so im alri on that department, im gettin another set of wheels and I will be using them as track wheels for our own track day and the likes but id like to see how the car is with slicks

mon gone @ mondello in civic , standard tyres held up on the civic , swapped fronts for backs at lunch . still some left on them and she got a good roasting .

[quote author=smicklywrx link=topic=37538.msg430329#msg430329 date=1365064273]
[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=37538.msg430328#msg430328 date=1365063936]
If your not pushing it, road tyres are fine. Actually teaches you the limits of your car on the road. I would burn the Nankangs on the track and get a better set for the road. Or go partworn road tyres from a guy like this below. Too much grip can cause oil starvation to the engine unless an oil sump baffle is fitted and also extra stress for the suspension etc.

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/part-worn-tyres/2167936
[/quote]I was thinking that alri, but I will be pushing it at times tbh and want to go around the bend rather than straight (understeer) haha, I have a baffled sump in her so im alri on that department, im gettin another set of wheels and I will be using them as track wheels for our own track day and the likes but id like to see how the car is with slicks
[/quote]

Sounds like you are on top of things so, with the spare set of wheels etc. Lots of negative camber up front will help with front end turn in. You will love it on slicks. I have the next best thing,Toyo 888's for the track and it feels like a different car. :thumbsup:

Well on paper im on top of things but when it comes to handing out paper (euros) is when things happen ha

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=37538.msg430330#msg430330 date=1365064472]
mon gone @ mondello in civic , standard tyres held up on the civic , swapped fronts for backs at lunch . still some left on them and she got a good roasting .
[/quote]what civic where u in lad?

Trying again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
[quote author=mac mac link=topic=37538.msg430355#msg430355 date=1365081184]
Trying again
[/quote]aaahhhh now I remember her, an aul teg conversion in her now be the job

[quote author=smicklywrx link=topic=37538.msg430327#msg430327 date=1365063424]
[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=37538.msg430320#msg430320 date=1365062038]
[/quote]Cheers lad, are they grooved or just pure slicks, il prob take them anyway thanks lad, is that 50 for the lot and I hope its not wet loo. Its easier to get 2 rather than 4
[/quote]

I have 4 on the rims at the moment, 3 bridgestone cut slicks and 1 more pirelli as I got a flat in the other bridge but was told that they are interchangeable anyway. They'd done 2 rally stages, and the ISDC trackday and they were going to do Baz's trackday as well but all I got was a couple of tame laps as I had a problem with the car.

Still not sure but I was considering getting rid of them all and getting new R888's or the likes from camskill if you were interested in taking all 6 possibly?

Il defo take the 2 pirellis anyway, depend on how much you want for the lot haha, pm me a price on the lot

Back