Woodies Woodies Woodies

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
jus a quick story about our buddies in woodies .

so dad wanted new cabinet for bathroom , woodies shelf/floor price €189 . he was unsure of size and asked me to check measurements . so i typed make/model of cabinet into good oul google , to which it brought me a couple of options ,mostly from Woodies website . so i clicked and to my surprise ,said cabinet was only €103 online , from their €189 floor price . so i took a pic with his phone , he went in to purchase cabinet which was out of stock ,so he challenged them about the price and the manager/salesperson seemed embarressed as the actual price was actually only €95 . he had to drive to drogheda to get one in stock but basically got it for less than half of original quote

so moral of the story , measure twice ,cut once and never trust woodies

Every time I pick something up in woddies and go to the till it's always cheaper at the till
35 Euro paint was 31 at the till
They are all over the place with pricing

Yeah... and also... big price differences between different Woodies stores.

With doing up the house been spending quite a bit over the past year and had to go to different stores due to unavailability of certain items in one store over another... anyway, several times saw as much as 20-30% in pricing on items between one store and another. Newbridge KE in particular is stupid expensive compare to say Carrickmines Dublin... Carlow seems OK, but Carrickmines bigger and more consistently cheaper.

As Ross said... don't trust them and do your homework to get the best deal.

BTW... AXA loyalty card gives you 10% off at checkout, which can really add up if doing a lot of DIY.

Back