Wiring Question

Dancol

Hello All,
I am new to the site. Drive an STI type R Ver. 6. Have fitted a Power FC ecu to car and it seems to be running fine but there was a piggy back fuel and ignition controller in the car along with the standard ecu. As far as I can tell the piggy back yoke wasn't doing anything as the main part of the loom wasn't plugged in to it. But there were 5 wires running out seperate to the main ecu loom to a sensor under the intercooler and another one on  a unit mounted onto the front of the unit that the 4 spark plug leads plug into. Question is how were these sensors originally wired in?
Were they always on a separate loom or should they be connected to the ecu on the main loom of wires? :ponder: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Daniel

I would really recomend you get some1 to look at that wiring set up..
its impossible for anyone to know without seeing it.. i would will through a guess at it do.. the wires going under intercooler are maybe going to knock sensor and maybe ones going to coil pack are for an adjustable rev limiter like BEE-R limiter.. which can be used as lauch control, adjusting your rev limit and causing cool backfires and flame throwing exhibitions :D
you be best getting it checked out and possibly all removed if not sure and all wiring eturned to factory spec.. that is the worst of getting a car which someone else has modified.. you just dont know if its right or not.. :thumbsup:

Back