Wireless house alarms

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
Has anyone installed. I know you have alot of batteries but are they any use. My current alarm is wired but am having an issue with a couple of sensors and anyone Ive had in to look at it reckon its a piece of crap and want to put in a new one but none is cheap

[quote author=ianfl link=topic=42507.msg486824#msg486824 date=1408390121]
Replacing your wired sensors be cheaper than wireless system
[/quote]

parts cant be got I'm told its an aztec alarm gone out of buisness

Have a wireless system. No issues with it. It's on a sim. Can be controlled by your phone. Can add as many sensors as you want. Will text you if alarmed. I think makes more sense than monitored if living in the country. 10e a month to cover sim rental but this also covers all your batteries which means replaced for free if needed. Very tidy system completely wireless. And very easy to add in any sheds or garages near the house. Visonic is our one. ( just main box wired)

[quote author=gerry link=topic=42507.msg486825#msg486825 date=1408390616]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm fairly sure any sensor will work there basicily only a switch
new hks panel if needed and keypad is less than €200
sensors less than a tenner and never have to worry bout batteries

[quote author=gerry link=topic=42507.msg486845#msg486845 date=1408393402]
thanks blacktar.. did you install it yourself
[/quote]

No a lad beside me put it in,

[quote author=ianfl link=topic=42507.msg486846#msg486846 date=1408393729]

[quote author=gerry link=topic=42507.msg486825#msg486825 date=1408390616]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm fairly sure any sensor will work there basicily only a switch
new hks panel if needed and keypad is less than €200
sensors less than a tenner and never have to worry bout batteries
[/quote]

yes with probably nearly all alarms but not with the good old astec.. :wall:

go with the wired hks 1 gerry will cost you less in the long run especially as you have the wires there all ready and no batteries

the astec only has 2 wires going to each sensor while all others are 4-6 thats going on the research Ive done. I could be wrong

You can also get a sim installed to whatever system you go for, arm via the phone, get texted whenever it goes off/armed/disarmed.
Alarms can be expensive but what value do you place on your home..???

I got a Yale wireless system which is very good. You can add in more stuff as you need and it can be linked to smoke alams as well. The sensors tell the main controller when the batteries are low. The sensor batteries tend to last around 12months but the main controller about 6 months.
I have door sensors and PIR's and you can disable zones for home and away. The only pain is to change the batteies in the Box on the outside Chimney need a long ladder.
I got mine from Woodies and fitted it myself. Not difficult.
http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/Alarms/

The HKC wired and wireless systems are what we use and are very good system either way,wireless sensors about 45 euro wired sensors about 10 euro.
If you are changing you would be best getting the HKC 8/12 wireless panel as you can use both wired and wireless zones,this is handy if you want to alarm a garage that has no wire fitted.
I have fitted lots of HKC alarms and would not be keen on using any other.
The Aztec stuff was shocking bad as far as I know HKC bought Aztec for there sensor and just to scrap the rest and take them off the market.
The SMS text card is handy but I think Eircom are scrapping text so that will be soon gone.
HKC have a good App but it's 6.99 and they charge for there cloud service on the App which I think is crap after paying for the App.
Not sure about the Yale stuff I'd say there ok as a DIY job but I'd not have it in my house,I'm in the trade about 15 years now and it's one or those things,ya get what you pay for.
HKC is expensive but it's solid,I never had one faulty sensor and only had one faulty bell box so in 15 years that's not bad.

Back