Wiper Blades and battery for rcl

tommy 555

Member Number 935
Hey lads just wonderin can anyone recommend a decent set of wiper blades , what ever the garages put on during servicing are dirt , work grand for half hour Then all ya get is streaks , doin my head in this week as the site where i'm workin is real dusty and when ya get a rain shower and cant see 6 foot ahead :angry1: :angry1:

Also what kind of battery is used in the keys for the remote central locking , one gone flat and haven't bothered opening it up incase its a special job :ponder2: :ponder2:

Any help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers

Ya can't go wrong with the Bosch blades from Halfords.

Some lads swear by PIAA blades but think they're a mail order job.

Alarm battery you'll buy in Halfords too, it could either be a very small battery in the style of aa batteries or could be a flat battery like you'd find in a watch but either way halfords would have them.

[quote author=Nic spec c link=topic=16369.msg201083#msg201083 date=1247256585]
Beaten to it god darn it :new_puppy_dog_eyes:
[/quote]

Speedy fingers :lol:

You gotta be quick on here Nick , Might drop in to Halfords tomoro so,

I'd say PIAA would be fookin expensive 2 Brian , Cheers lads

Takes a bit of gettin used to all right Nick , I get dizzy watchin da missus type , does be flat out not even lookin at the keys , :icon_redface:

May organise a group buy on typing for Ya :wazzup:

the battery is like a bigger version of a watch battery i think a cr1620 but i could be wrong on that as for the wipers clean the rubbers with a damp cloth and get a tin of screenies to spray on the windscreen i see it every second day in work people complaining about their wipers but 9 times out of 10 there just dirty so try that first before you buy new wipers :thumbsup:

Cheers Rob , sound advice der fella, generally i would keep the wiper blades clean but i'l have a look for them screenies thingys :thumbsup:

Have some karma :dance:

[quote author=rob mehigan link=topic=16369.msg201094#msg201094 date=1247258208]
the battery is like a bigger version of a watch battery i think a cr1620 but i could be wrong on that as for the wipers clean the rubbers with a damp cloth and get a tin of screenies to spray on the windscreen i see it every second day in work people complaining about their wipers but 9 times out of 10 there just dirty so try that first before you buy new wipers :thumbsup:
[/quote]

As Rob said try cleaning them first. I usually mix some vinegar with water to clean mine and they are grand afterwards. If that doesn't work, get some Bosch blades. :thumbsup:

Back