Will 225 45 R17 tyres fit a Blobeye WRX?

jimgti

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying a Blobeye WRX (2005) and it needs tyres. Wheels and ride height look stock, and has 215 45 R17's on it, which I assumed this is the standard size. Only reason for going for the 225 is they seem to be more availability and better priced.

So just wondering is there issues with clearance, etc. if went for the 225's being slightly wider and taller tyres? Thanks a mil.

Yeah 225 45 will fit no problem 215 45 is usually the size for classic on 17?s

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying a Blobeye WRX (2005) and it needs tyres. Wheels and ride height look stock, and has 215 45 R17's on it, which I assumed this is the standard size. Only reason for going for the 225 is they seem to be more availability and better priced.

So just wondering is there issues with clearance, etc. if went for the 225's being slightly wider and taller tyres? Thanks a mil.

Great stuff. I knew the lads here would have more info as I was mentioning.

Congrats on the new car. Might be a good idea to start a new thread to introduce yourself once you have the car :)

p.s: I am taking credit for getting you the Subaru addiction :p

Had 235 40 18 on a lowered blob i had 14 years ago and no issues so the size you have mentioned above will be no issue

Best of luck with the new car .

Yup, as said, fit perfect man.
I have them on my own with 8j 18" wheels.
I'll WhatsApp you a pic ????
Cleared out my phone so just have to find them on here somewhere, and I'll forward them on. Fills the arches much better too with 8j

Back