Wide track rear shocks !

mack

ISDC Club Member
Hi All.

I?ve an 05 widetrack. I?m looking for advice on suspension options.

I had clunking rear shocks, and around a 1.5 yrs I put a second hand set on.

So had the car off the road for other items ( rear discs + pads, Back plate, Bearing and ABS ring.

So I said I?d do the grease nipple mod to the shocks, had everything lined up yesterday evening.

When I had the shock dismantled it turns out that the gas strut is bent !!.

So my questions is to those in the know !

Are KYB SR Part numbers 321004 + 321005 for STI?s with inverted struts with 5x100 or are they also for the 5x1114 ( widetrack).

If by chance are for the 5x100, If I removed the struts from the lower tube, Would it fit my existing lower tubes ?

Are there any other inserts that?s are compatible ?

Any thoughts ??

Don't think they are the same mack ,

Seem to remember someone asking this year's ago , Think kyb for widetrack where only available through Subaru for an extortionate price for a long time , maybe that's changed ,

If your stuck , Joe (scoobysub )has my original set of widetrack shocks and springs in his place , your more than welcome to take a loan until you get sorted , :thumbsup:

Hi Mark, I was in same position, you know my car which I recently bought back again, the one in clarecastle!

Long story short genuine Subaru rear shocks for wide track are 550 euro EACH ex. Vat So 1100 ex. Vat

And no the kyb will not fit wide track, I had emailed kyb direct about this in 2013, so your options are either coilovers or genujne part for crazy money or second hand but run the risk of same thing happening again,

I don't know about interchanging parts between 5 x 100 and 5 x 114.3

I went bc coilover route????

Are they doing rear, it looks like that what is in my one , or did subaru supply in the gold aswell.
Or look at this link
https://www.scoobynet.com/suspensio...ra-sr-struts-for-2005-2007-sti-widetrack.html
ec3ed56e2b597c15bc12050c7f7f3557.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies .

Might need to take you up on that offer yet Tommy/ JOE.

I do still have the old original ones that i took off that time, I changed them cos they were clunking and were getting worse on the imbalance % in the NCT. The thing is, the car is now due its NCT !!
So i'm not stuck for a shock to get it on the road ( It's my daily driver) but I could be in trouble for a set to get it passed the NCT, until I can sort a more long term fix.

Well ware again Kieran :),
it'll be nice to see another around. Call in some evening, you know where i am, Have you my Mob No ?
How much did the BC coilovers set you back and which type were they, and where did you get them.

There are post on scoobynet regarding KYB doing rear shocks for 5x114 but not the front, but no one mentions a part number !!

Any one any opinions on Pedders ??
https://www.pedders.co.uk/subaru-im...-1143-pcd-ezifit-suspension-kit_p31592298.htm

Thanks in advance
Mack

@Adrian, Jesus that's great if they are doing them for wide track, they definitely weren't in 2013,????good to know.

@ Mack I bought br type bc coilovers from scoobyparts with rear adjustment extenders for 620 sterling, I find them great but don't mind hard rides????????????,

Have never used pedders so can't comment.

We will have to do coffee at the maxol service station some day????

bc br in mine. And I cant complain. I dont find the ride hard at all

Last edited:
I have BC in my blob you can ring bc and order a softer spring rate than the standard one I got second rate think that?s standard slightly different than old bc that came out of car as mine were seized on rings. New ones had a rubber on rear top mount there a little bit more harsh than stock but value for money there a good trade off lots of lads have them
I bought mine off Scoobyparts he?s good to deal with I find

Back