When buying a car...?!?!

C

CamoMo

Hey Lads,

Quick question - how do most of the lads here buy their Scoobies - from cash in your pocket, cash from bank loan or vehicle finance...?? :ponder: I was just wondering, because I'm thinking about buying myself another Scooby - an '04+ model. I'd love to pay cash for my next car as well - but is it worth paying cash for a car...?!?! So I was thinking along the lines for bank loan or vehicle finance.

Cheers.

bank or credit union for me. That sort/amount of cash is difficult to get together (legally)

I went for a bank loan because I wasn't willing to wait for the car.

And I chose a Bank loan over finance because that way the car is your property whereas vehicle finance means that if anything goes wrong they can take the car off you.

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=3514.msg35029#msg35029 date=1188916955]
I went for a bank loan because I wasn't willing to wait for the car.

And I chose a Bank loan over finance because that way the car is your property whereas vehicle finance means that if anything goes wrong they can take the car off you.
[/quote]

until you clear the loan the bank own the car.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=3514.msg35030#msg35030 date=1188917174]

[/quote]

only if you secure the loan on the car!

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=3514.msg35030#msg35030 date=1188917174]
[/quote]

No they don't, u own the car but obviously if you cant repay it, you will probably have to sell the car (or yourself, which is preferable to selling the scooby). The bank are only after the money, not the car and dont care where you get the money to repay the loan.

Whereas if you cant repay a loan they could take the car to get their money back leaving you severely out of pocket for everything you paid up to that point.

I usually go to buy a car with two suit cases full packed of cash.. one to buy the car and the other to get petrol on the way home!!

rub a wad across there cheeks and they cant say no! plus you'll get them closer to your side of the pricing

Show them cash and then go to walk away and he'll be hanging on to your ankles!  :shock: You'll be able to get closer to what you want to pay! Go finance with them and they have you by the balls and you'll end up paying more in  the end with interest! This will make your time as an owner harder to take as your loses when reselling will be greater! As I found out to my extreme disappointment when I sold my 03 Sti this year!  :angry: Thank fully I bought the RA with cash, knocking a €1500 of the marked price! :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=gerry link=topic=3514.msg35037#msg35037 date=1188921154]
I usually go to buy a car with two suit cases full packed of cash.. one to buy the car and the other to get petrol on the way home!!
[/quote]

:lol:

I just took the suitcase full of cash up to dublin on the bus, and made the dealer pay for the petrol to get me back down to Clare.  :thumbsup:

Hello Steve,

As the lads say, cash is king. If you get a bank loan as apposed to car finance the bank rep can lodge the money into your account. You can then go to the dealer with cash / bank draft in your hand. The car loan way is the most advantageous way of repaying for a car as its much more flexible than car finance.

Give me a pm and I will be able to forward on some details of a bank I use :thumbsup:

There are still some good rates out there, even with interest rates going up :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Yea defo cash when you mention it you always see there eyes get bigger :eek:mg: and then thats when you strike with a ridiculous price :D

ask them 2 questions
1. how much on yours as a trade in.
2. then ask it again but add in "with cash" at the end
there eyes they go POP,
tell them your disapointed with the amount they offered you on a trade in and walk away, they will come round to your way of thinking....

Finance - i'm unable to save bigger amount of money :) and I don't have a rich uncle from which I could borrow some $$$ without interest

Back